THIRTY THREE.

a/n: OMG thank you @fatvagina37 for making me realize this is Rock Bottom's 100TH CHAPTER (not including the prologue lmao)

I can't believe I planned on season 1 and 2 only being twenty chapters each 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Thank you soooo much to all my readers and commenters. Knowing you guys love and pay attention to my writing keeps me inspired. Especially when you guys point out the foreshadowing I do omgggggg it makes my day. I'm so grateful to have people like you as my readers !!!!! I love seeing you guess what happens next too LMAO

can't believe some of you have been here since day one it's insaneeee you've put up with me for so long 😩😩😩😩

Thank you all SO much ! (also love when you guys comment that you're rereading bc it reminds me I need to hurry up with the writing lmao)

also sorry for the intensity of the next few chapters !

*****

tw: heavy violence, mentions of abuse

"I've got a good feeling about today," JJ said to Pope, early the next morning.

The two boys were both in the front yard, washing Heyward's truck. Pope's father hadn't been happy when he realized how much it'd been used while he was gone. The outside of the vehicle was muddy, the inside was muddy. Everything was muddy. A clear giveaway JJ had been around it.

"Is that right?" Pope sighed, rubbing soap onto the hood while JJ focused on the wheels.

"That's right." JJ was crouched down, but stood up to say. "I mean, we can call that lawyer up today, see what he says. He's supposed to be good. John B's got a better chance today than he did yesterday."

Pope eyed him. "Where'd you get this number again?"

"From another lawyer who didn't want us. But don't worry, it'll be free."

Pope pointed out, "Lawyers are shady. Even if the actual case is free, the fees are gonna be expensive. And he might not want John B's case after figuring out he's a so-called 'cop killer'."

"Be positive," JJ urged. "And, hey, at least John B's safe in jail, right? No psychos out to kill him in there. And meanwhile we're all having sleepovers."

"It's not a sleepover, everyone here is practically in hiding-"

"Hiding while sleeping over," JJ insisted. "I vote on making tonight a movie night. What's more fun than that?"

"John B being here would be more fun."

"Yeah, but we have Bex so we basically have half of him," JJ said, crouching back down to make sure the rims on the truck were spotless. He shrugged. "We'll get him out. Eventually. But, come on, things are real nice now too."