forty.

tw: slight sexual content, manipulation, toxicity, heavy drug usage

"You look nice in that," Rafe told Bexley, winking at her. "I like it the best."

She smiled, letting out a soft laugh. She gazed at herself in the mirror. Bexley came to the conclusion that she still didn't know how to dress. Not like rich kook girls did. So, she asked for Rafe's help to dress for the party, which took place the next day. Because the last thing she wanted was to go looking like a pogue, and embarrass him so much that he never wanted to take her out again.

"You've said that about literally everything," she told him.

Rafe laid on the bed, propped up with his arms behind his head, admiring her. "I didn't say that about the shorts."

That was true. He didn't want her to wear her usual denim shorts. He said they were too 'casual'. And apparently kooks didn't do 'casual'.

Right now, Bexley had on one of her longer golf skirts on, and a cute cropped v-neck cardigan over a spaghetti strap tank top. It was cute, in her opinion. Not something she'd think to wear to a house party, but maybe rich girls dressed modestly.

"You sure it won't be too hot for a sweater?" Bexley asked him, feeling the thick material of her cardigan.

Rafe shook his head. "You'll be fine."

She loved the way her silver jewelry looked on her. She touched her hair softly. Maybe if she straightened her hair she'd look even richer.

Bexley spun around and looked at Rafe. "Are you gonna match me?" she asked, with a smile.

"Probably not."

Her smile dropped. "Why?"

"You're wearing navy. I was gonna wear my salmon shirt."

She gave him a cold look. "Your pink shirt? I can wear pink if you're wearing that."

She opened her drawer, pulling out a much shorter pink skirt, one Rafe didn't even like her wearing to work because of how short it was.

"Hey, hey, hey," he called. "Okay. Whatever. I'll wear navy."

She held up the other skirt. "Maybe I'll like this one better."

"No, hey, navy looks better," he told her, moving to the edge of the bed. "Hey, I'll prove it."

"Mhmm," she mumbled. She turned around, placing the pink skirt away, surprised when she heard the beginning on a FaceTime call.