fifty eight.

tw: underage drinking, sexual content

Wind whipped at Bexley's hair, curls flew around her face until Rafe reached forward to brush them behind her ear.

She sat in the backseat of an Uber, Rafe next to her, the late night car ride bringing her a shiver of excitement.

Topper, who was next to Rafe, got carsick easily when he was drunk, so he had the window fully rolled down. His head was out of the car, trying to take in enough air to keep himself from getting nauseous.

The air kept hitting Bexley, who was looking out the window as they passed by the beautiful kook houses on Figure eight. Rafe's eyes, however, never left her, not even for a moment. He saw goosebumps on her legs, a slight shiver running through her every now and then because of the open window. He found himself enthralled with that exposed skin.

If Rafe had stayed sober that night, he would've known better than to touch her. But he wasn't sober, not anymore. Instead of looking away, or forcing himself into a form of self control, he reached out, laying his hand flat on her skin.

She had kissed him tonight anyway. Rafe figured touching her leg wasn't worse than a kiss.

Bexley jolted. She was surprised by the touch. But she didn't hate it, because his hand was warmer than the air. She relaxed into his touch, slowly. She saw out of the corner of her eyes that Rafe was staring at her intensely. She kept looking away, not sure what she could say to him.

The Uber driver was playing music loudly, trying to play over the sound of the wind from the open window. Bexley didn't pay attention to it, not until Rafe commented on it.

He leaned in so she could hear him, placing his lips right next to her ear. "I like this song," he drawled.

She paid attention for the first time. "Yeah?" She listened. "It's nice."

"You know," he started. "It, um, It always reminds me of you."

She glanced at the center console of the car, trying to read what it said. 'My Kind of Woman' by Mac DeMarco. She hoped she'd be able to remember that name in the morning.

"Why?" she asked.

Rafe let out a small laugh. "It's a love song."

"And?"

He spoke these words so casually, but they impacted her so strongly. "And every love song reminds me of you."

Oh, baby
Oh, man
You're makin' me crazy
Really drivin' me mad

That's alright with me
It's really no fuss
As long as you're next to me
Just the two of us

She felt lightheaded suddenly. She hadn't realized until now that liquor caught up with you fast, but beer took its time impacting you. Tired, she leaned down, resting her head on the window next to her.