twenty.

tw: violence

tw: violence

"No."

JJ frowned. "No?"

"No, I'm-I'm not doing this right now," Bexley said, shaking her head. "I need to call him. If his dad is being this rude to us, imagine how he's being to Rafe."

Her heart felt heavy imaging what Rafe was going through. He even called her and said he was having a hard time. And she felt so cruel now for making him stay away.

Bexley hurried back inside, JJ following her.

"Have you not been listening, Bex? Mr. Cameron is right, you should stay away."

Bexley got to her room, and grabbed her phone. She dialed Rafe.

JJ stood in the doorway as she sat on the bed.

"Rafe?" she asked, enthusiastically. "Yeah, yeah. I'm good...No, I slept fine, yeah...Did your dad say anything about coming-"

JJ reacted quickly, entering her room, snatching the phone, and hanging up.

"What the hell?!" She jumped to her feet. "JJ!"

He stepped out of her room, standing at the doorway, holding her phone, hands up.

It started ringing again. Rafe calling back.

"Think for a minute," JJ said. "How is Rafe gonna react to what you tell him?"

"We'll see," she said. "Because I'm going to."

JJ held the phone up high so she couldn't reach it.

"Hey!"

"Listen," he said. "You tell Rafe his dad was here. He confronts him. He tells Rafe I was here."

"Rafe's gonna find out anyway!" Bexley said. "I was gonna tell him you fixed the dock! I was just gonna wait until you were gone!"

"Why?" JJ asked. "He'll try beating my ass if he knows I'm here!"

"I'm not gonna lie to him," she said. "You're lucky I don't tell him you're here now."

"So then he'll come over," JJ said. "You want him coming over angry? After he shoved a gun in my throat yesterday?"

"You stole his boat!" she said. "You abducted me!" She jumped for the phone again, him just holding it higher.

He scoffed.

"Rafe was worried!" she defended him. "All he knew was that you took me! He was right, he had no way of knowing you weren't like your father."

JJ's face fell. He winced. "But you know I'm not."

The phone kept ringing.

"Give me my phone back," she demanded.

JJ held it away once more. "I'll give it back in literally one minute," he said. "But consider the possibility of waiting to see him in person to tell him this."