Chapter 16:Contract(5).

❝We are over for today! Thank you for your work! ❞the director said.

Zhia Xiang took her water bottle and sat down on the couch.

❝Have you heard? A man was killed last night and there's no trace of who did it. ❞

❝Eh? Creepy. ❞

❝He was a paparazzi, do you think he offended the wrong people? ❞

❝Yes, probably. Otherwise why would he end up killed? ❞

Zhia Xiang listened to the gossip.

❝Have you found out? Was he working under someone's orders? ❞ Zhia Xiang asked looking at agent 0.

❝Shu Ning.❞ agent 0 simply said.

❝It was about that she does something. ❞ Zhia Xiang said with a devilish green.
______________________

Cheng Zixuan looked at the piece of paper for a long time.

❝If you want Lu Fao, I can help, but you must agree to work with me. If you made up your mind meet me tonight at 10 pm at the bridge. ❞ the message read.

Cheng Zixuan exhaled loud, took his lighter and burned the paper. He was conflicted, should he go?

As the message mentioned, at 10 pm a woman stood waiting at the bridge.

Cheng Zixuan walked towards her.

❝Speak. ❞ Zixuan ordered.

❝Don't be so cold, partner. We'll work together after all.❞the woman said with a big smile on her face.

❝I haven't agreed yet, what's your plan? ❞

❝I'm after Huang Lan. I was the one supposed to marry him, but that woman took my place and I want her out of the picture. You want her, don't you? ❞the woman asked getting closer to Zixuan.

He looked at her silent.

❝Anyways, we can help each other break them apart. You take her and I take Huang Lan. Sounds fair, right? ❞

❝Why do you need me for? If you could take Huang Lan by yourself, you wouldn't ask for my help. ❞

❝Tsk, smart fox. You're right, he's not that easy to catch, I don't know how that woman succeeded. Most important, I need you to create fights between them.❞

❝How?❞Cheng Zixuan asked.

❝You and her are already pretty close. Try to make Huang Lan jealous, maybe you can sleep with her? Or make it seem like she's cheating on him with you. ❞

❝I won't do anything that will damage her reputation! ❞Cheng Zixuan raised his voice angry.

❝Calm down, tiger. You need to make it look like she's with you so he can get angry and lose interest in her. He's having an upcoming drama and I will play in it as well so I try to get closer to him. ❞

Cheng Zixuan looked at the ground falling deep in thoughts.

❝What if it doesn't work? ❞he asked.

❝It will work, I won't stop until Huang Lan is mine. I don't know about Lu Fao, but Huang Lan hates liars and cheaters, you understand? I said what I had to say, you have my contact information here. ❞ the woman said placing a paper in Zixuan's hand.

The paper had a phone number and a name. ❝Kim Jessica. ❞

Cheng Zixuan looked at the starts and Zhia Xiang's face popped in his mind.

_____________________

❝Are you up for a movie? ❞Huang Lan asked.

Zhia Xiang stopped in her track and looked at him.

❝Sure, let me change first. ❞

❝I'll be in the screen room. ❞Huang Lan said smiling.

Zhia Xiang nodded her head and went to her room to change in casual clothing.

Huang Lan told the cook to prepare some snacks for them and went in the screen room.

Zhia Xiang walked into the big dark room where rows of cinema chairs and a big screen welcomed her.

She sat next to Huang Lan and looked at him.

❝What movie are we watching? ❞ She asked taking a chip from the plate.

❝I thought it would be a good idea to watch Love in a dark place. ❞Huang Lan said awkwardly waiting for her reaction.

Love in a dark place is the drama that Huang Lan and Lu Fao played in together. That's where they met for the first time.

Zhia Xiang laughed.

❝Interesting, let's watch it then. ❞ she said as the lights turned off and the screen light up.

Love in a dark place was a drama about two killers that chased each other. A game of cat and mouse, in which both lose because love sneaked its tail between them.

Zhia Xiang watched the movie with interest, Huang Lan preferred to watch her. He could confirm that he got attached to her, used to her being next to hin every day.

❝Would you... miss me after the contract is over? ❞Huang Lan asked.

Zhia Xiang thought about an answer without moving her attention from the screen.

She didn't had particular feelings for him, but he wasn't bad. She got used to quietly coexist with him or have little conversations.

❝I'm not sure. Why are you asking? Do you want me to miss you? ❞ Zhia Xiang asked turning her head to face him.

Her dark eyes met his light brown one's and took his breath away.

❝I do. I want you to miss me, Lu Fao. ❞Huang Lan confessed selfishly.

Zhia Xiang chuckled.

❝Did you broke your own rule, mister Huang? ❞

Huang Lan looked away for a moment before looking at her again.

❝That rule is unimportant if we both break it. ❞Huang Lan quietly said.

❝You want me to love you? ❞

❝What do you think about me... as a man? ❞

❝Hm. You're good I guess. Talented, famous, respectful, handsome, rich, good temperament, smart... ❞ Zhia Xiang said turning her head back to see the screen.

❝Am I someone you can fall in love with? ❞

Zhia Xiang didn't answered his question and he understood that he'll not hear the answer.

The movie ended and Zhia Xiang stood up to leave, but had her arm grabbed by Huang Lan.

❝I won't give up. ❞He said and freed her arm.

Zhia Xiang went back in her room.

___________________
      Next day.

Today Huang Lan began his own shooting for his upcoming drama.

❝It's so nice to be able to work with you, mister Huang. ❞Jessica said holding her hand out.

Huang Lan shook her hand nodding.

❝I'm looking forward working with you as well. ❞ he said unaware of her intense stare.