Chapter 44:Dark magic(7).

❝What could have happened to that brat that made him decide he won't see us again? I knew he is a nuisance, but he won't refuse us without having someone that changed his mind... that woman, could she bear any grudges for my family? I don't even know what family she belongs to... ❞Oliver spoke, pacing around his study room.

Isabelle sat in the armchair, listening quietly to Oliver. She wanted to ask him about Morgan and her mother, but she didn't had the courage.

❝If I act like a coward I won't any answer and I'll live in dark. I haven't seen that woman since then... but her words stuck to me. She seemed to tell the truth, but it's hard to believe father would do such thing. He may be obsessed with status and power, but to throw his wife and child out? And me... an affair child? ❞Isabelle thought as she played with her fingers, deep in her own thoughts.

❝If we can't form ties with the royal family we have to try with the next power... the church. But how? Let's see... the head priest's son is around sixteen and he isn't engaged to no one. That's it, let's switch teams. ❞Oliver said determined.

He walked in front of Isabelle with a large smile. The girl noticed the legs in front of her and jumped up, startled.

❝Change your clothes into something more mature and covering. ❞Oliver said.

Isabelle was confused, but listened to him and returned to her room to change her dress.

❝What are going to do? We haven't found any trace of that demonic child. ❞

The head priest looked at his subordinate.

❝We need to do something. I don't like being toyed with. If we can't find the real girl we'll have to make one. ❞The head priest replied, looking at the statue in front of him.

❝Make one? ❞ the other priest asked,then realization hit him. ❝Are you sure? ❞

The head priest grinned.

❝I can't wait to see his face when we show him the girl. He thinks he can ruin our reputation? Ha, how funny, we can't be defeated by a spoiled brat. ❞The head priest spoke.

❝I understand, I'll start the process right away. ❞the other priest said, bowing his head before leaving.

The head priest kept looking at the statue, eager to see the defeated Victor.

❝Father? Can I come in? ❞

The head priest turned around to face the door.

❝Of course, come in. ❞ He replied.

The teenager entered the room and bowed politely.

❝I've been informed that Duke Albertine and his daughter are here to see us. ❞

The head priest raised his eyebrow.

❝Did they stated their motive? ❞ The head priest asked.

❝No. ❞ His son replied.

❝I see. Show them the way, then. ❞The head priest replied and the boy left the room to get the two.

Zhia Xiang was ready to tell him no, but them she remembered her journal.

❝If I use the journal...I'm sure I'll be able to show him the base. Hm, is it worth it? I mean, he seems to love the idea of traveling through worlds, but is it a good idea to show him more? ❞ She debated in her mind.

Agent 0 guessed what it's going on in her mind and hit her knee to gain her attention.

❝You shouldn't involve him too much, subject #654. ❞