Chapter 47:Dark magic(10).

❝It's pretty big. ❞Zhia Xiang spoke as she studied the artifact.

Victor touched the artifact and inspected it in detail.

❝Let's destroy it. ❞Zhia Xiang said leaning over the artifact.

Victor looked at her and said:

❝It has a magic barrier that would alarm everyone if we try to destroy it. ❞

Zhia Xiang laughed a little.

❝Of course they'll do that. ❞ She sad getting angry. ❝Can we break the barrier? ❞

❝The barrier can be broken by destroying the talisman the head of the church has. ❞Victor explained.

❝So the head priest has it? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

Victor nodded his head and Zhia Xiang sighed annoyed.

❝Fuck their barrier. ❞ She said and took her journal out.

❝Are you alright? ❞Victor asked when Zhia Xiang fell silent as she stared at her hands.

Zhia Xiang hummed in response and finished her sentence: The barrier is broken.

Victor opened his mouth to ask her if she is sure, but closed it back when he sensed the barrier disappearing.

❝How? ❞Victor asked amazed.

❝My secret. ❞Zhia Xiang replied with a mischievous smile and placed her hands on the artifact.

She concentrated and let her dark magic roam in the artifact, breaking it from inside, a shiny stone rolling to her feet.

❝That must be the core. ❞Victor voiced out, taking the stone in his hand to study it.

❝What does it do? ❞Zhia Xiang asked looking at the stone in his hand.

❝It's the part that transforms the dark magic into light magic. ❞Victor explained.

❝I see. ❞

❝I will keep it for the time being. ❞Victor said putting the stone in his pocket.

The two then left and snuck out without being spotted by anyone. The church was preoccupied with finding Maec who seemed to have vanished into thin air.

Next day arrived and meets Zhia Xiang with an unexpected visit from Isabella.

❝What's the reason for your visit? ❞Zhia Xiang asked as she sat down, staring at the clearly tired Isabelle.

❝I came to ask for a favor. I really have no one to turn to, your grace, so please hear me out. ❞Isabelle pleaded, her voice weak.

❝Speak. ❞Zhia Xiang permitted.

❝Maec... the head priest's son disappeared last night and I'm very worried. I came to beg your grace to help me find him, I'll do anything. ❞Isabelle spoke, holding her hands in a praying motion.

Zhia Xiang looked at the desperation in Isabelle's eyes and a memory from her past came into her mind, making her zone out for a while.

Isabelle took Zhia Xiang's silence as a sign that she was thinking about her favor.

❝Mother... wake up, please. I'll do anything, just open your eyes.Mother? Why aren't you waking up? There's blood... everywhere. ❞  The little girl begged, shaking her mother's body with despair in her eyes.

Zhia Xiang closed her eyes and managed to push the memories back in the corner of her mind.

❝I didn't know you and Maec are so close that you'll beg me for help.❞Zhia Xiang said looking at Isabelle.