Chapter 46:Dark magic(9).

❝I feel like there is something on your mind that is troubling you. If you feel safe to tell me, I'll listen to your problems. ❞Maec said, looking at Isabelle who got lost once again in her thoughts.

Isabelle looked up at him and smiled.

❝You're too kind. ❞ She said, blushing.

❝I just want to help you, the thoughts you harbor seem heavy on you. I think you'll feel better if you tell me, I swear I won't tell a soul about you probleme. ❞Maec said raising his hands in air.

Isabelle smiled and decided to tell him what's troubling her.

❝A few days ago I met a woman in front of a store. I approached her and he spoke for a while... she told me something that terrifies me, Maec. She said my father had a wife and a daughter that he threw out because the child was born with dark magic. She was that child and her mother died due to illness. I can't stop thinking about it and I'm afraid to ask father about it. I saw the pain in her eyes and I didn't felt like she's deceiving me. ❞Isabelle explained, hugging herself due to the chills she feel down her spine.

Maec noticed her state and placed a comforting hand on her back.

❝Have you seen her since? ❞He asked.

❝No, I've searched around, but I haven't. I'm afraid that she was telling the truth and my father is a monster. ❞Isabelle added, hiding her face in her palms.

❝What will you do if it's true? ❞Maec asked, rubbing her back gently.

❝I don't know. I can't look at him the same since then. I know he's power hungry, but to throw his wife and baby girl out in the streets... not even lions will kill their cubs like that. ❞Isabelle spoke, anxiety making its way in her body.

❝Have you tried asking servants about it? ❞Maec asked.

❝No, I'm afraid they'll tell father. ❞

Maec looked at her and tried to find a way to solve her problem.

❝What if I search the archives? If Duke Albertine was married we'll find that there. ❞Maec suggested.

Isabelle looked at him and bit the inside of her cheek.

❝Can you do that? ❞She asked, hopeful.

❝Yes. ❞Maec replied smiling at her.

❝I would love to find the truth about what happened.❞Isabelle added.

❝Wait here, I'll be right back. ❞Maec said before rushing to the archives room.

Isabelle looked at his back smiling. She could hear her heart beat loudly in her chest.

❝Your highness, how can I be of help? ❞

Victor looked at the man silently and placed the royal blue flower on the counter.

❝Take the biggest gem and make a ring from it, it's for my fiance. ❞Victor said.

The man carefully took the flower in his hands.

❝What shall I do with the rest of the gems? ❞ He asked.

Victor pondered for a moment before answering:

❝A bracelet. ❞

❝Understood.❞The man replied, sweat forming on his forehead.

❝Alright. ❞Victor simply replied and left, a smile forming in his face.

Zhia Xiang was looking out of the window, admiring the sky.