Chapter 39:Dark magic(2).

❝Did something caught your eye? ❞ a feminine voice asked.

Zhia Xiang turned her head and meet a pair of green eyes and a smile.

❝I hope I'm not bothering. I saw you looking at the clothes from here and I assumed you don't have enough money to buy it so I offer to pay. ❞ The girl added, keeping a sweet smile on her face.

Zhia Xiang narrowed her eyes suspicious and asked:

❝Who are you? ❞

The girl looked confused for a second, but then softly gasped at the realization.

❝How impolite of me to forget to introduce myself... My name is Isabelle Albertine. ❞ The girl said bowing a little.

Zhia Xiang looked at her with no expression, trying to sense any ill intentions that may be harbored by the stranger.

❝What's your name, if I may ask? ❞ Isabelle asked, worried by Zhia Xiang's silence.

❝Is your father Oliver Albertine? ❞Zhia Xiang simply asked.

Isabelle kept a confused face, but answered nonetheless.

❝Yes. ❞ 

❝How old are you? ❞Zhia Xiang asked again.

❝Sixteen... ❞

❝Sixteen? ❞ Zhia Xiang asked confused.

❝Morgan is only eight years old and she's the daughter of Sophia, Oliver's wife. Did the bastard had an affair and a secret child?! ❞

❝Did something happen, miss? ❞Isabelle asked touching Zhia Xiang's shoulder.

❝Who is your mother? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

❝My mother... she died while giving birth to me so I never meet her. Why are you interested in my family, miss? ❞Isabelle asked confused.

❝Your mother... she was Oliver's mistress? ❞

Isabella's eyes widened.

❝Mistress? That's scandalous! They may not have been married but father said he can't marry her because of his father... ❞ Isabelle explained.

Zhia Xiang looked at Isabelle and sensed that she's truly clueless.

❝Oliver Albertine was married to a woman named Sophia since they were teenagers. And they have a daughter. ❞

Isabelle froze and shook her head.

❝This can't be... father wouldn't do that... how do you know this? Who are you? ❞

❝Morgan Albertine. ❞ Zhia Xiang said looking into the girl's green eyes.

Isabelle's face turned pale and she covered her mouth in disbelief.

❝How... how is that possible? I... father never told me about this. Are you really telling the truth? You're my sister? ❞

❝I am, but unlike you, Oliver threw me out together with my mother who loved him all her life. ❞Zhia Xiang said.

❝No... father wouldn't do that, he's a good man... he wouldn't throw his own wife and child out. ❞Isabelle said in denial.

❝But he did. You shouldn't let yourself so easily deceived. ❞

❝Why would he do that do his own child? ❞Isabelle asked looking at Zhia Xiang with tears in her eyes.

❝I was born with red eyes and dark magic. That was enough for him to throw us out like we were nothing. Because of that, I lost my mother due to illness. ❞ Zhia Xiang explained.