Chapter 45:Dark magic(8).

❝Greetings, your holiness. ❞Oliver said bowing his head.

The head priest nodded his head acknowledging Oliver and Isabelle and gestured for them to sit down. The Duke looked over at his daughter and the two sat down.

❝So? Why is Duke Albertine here? ❞The head priest asked.

Oliver smiled and thought about his next words carefully.

❝I came with a proposal if I may say so. My sweet daughter is at the age that I'm pondering about a suitable man for her and so it happens that your holiness's son is around her age. I was curious if the two could spend some time together to get to know each other. ❞Oliver spoke, smiling to Isabelle who looked back nervous.

The head priest looked Isabelle up and down, analyzing her.

❝She seems like a good child for sure. What do you say, Maec? ❞The head priest asked, looking at his son.

Maec was at loss for words, he didn't thought about marriage yet and here he is, facing a young lady.

❝Ye... Yes, sure, why not. Lady Isabelle looks like a good woman. ❞Maec honestly said, embarrassed by his own words.

Isabelle felt herself blush at his words as she shyly looked at him. Oliver was delighted that there is hope for his plan.

❝Then, if the kids are willing, why would I oppose it? But wasn't Isabelle meeting with the second prince? ❞The head priest asked curious.

Oliver felt angry when he thought about Philip and how he just decided to cut ties with them out of blue.

❝That... was my mistake, your holiness. The prince and my daughter weren't a good match, but I kept pushing them towards each other until his highness got sick of it. ❞Oliver spoke calmly.

The head priest nodded his head understanding.

❝They are kids after all, I just pray that prince Philip is different from his older brother. ❞The head priest spoke, the hatred for Victor visible in his eyes.

Oliver noticed it and grinned internally.

❝Speaking of the crown prince... that fiance of his is weird as well. I couldn't find any informations about her. ❞ Oliver said, observing the head priest's reactions.

The head priest looked at Oliver.

❝He has a fiance? That is news to me. ❞The head priest said, trying to remember if he heard anything about a woman and accidentally overlooked the information.

❝Yes, I've met her a few days ago. Her name is Giselle and she is as weird as him. ❞Oliver added.

❝I'll look into that. ❞The head priest said. ❝Maec, take lady Isabelle and show her around, chat a little. ❞

❝Yes, father. ❞Maec said and stood up, holding his hand out for Isabelle.

❝Thank you. ❞Isabelle said as she took his hand and followed him outside.

Duke Albertine and the head priest remained to chat over tea.

❝Not possible. ❞Agent 0 said.

Victor frowned deeply.

❝Why is that? ❞He asked.

❝You're not fit. ❞Agent 0 simply stated.

Victor glared at agent 0 like he was his biggest enemy.

❝What's that supposed to mean? ❞Victor asked in a low voice.