Chapter 41

Yukino's POV

I rode on Ophiuchus in her snake form. I'm glad she was able to come on her own. I'm positive I would be running on fumes by now.

We had just arrived at Hargeon and Ophiuchus transformed into her true form as a human healer. Well, human healer before she went all crazy during the eclipse. We both disguised ourselves in cloaks to hide our faces. Although Ophiuchus didn't really need to hide, it was for the best.

I don't want to rush but if I know Natsu, he'd rush in and demand Lector's safe return but knowing Abyss Horn, he'd be putting Lector in danger if they can't get to him in time which is where I come in.

No one knows I'm here which gives me the advantage. If Ophiuchus and I work together we can track down Lector and free him. Thankfully, I'm traveling with a snake. Her nose may not be a Dragon Slayer nose but it's the best we got. 

"I have Lector's scent." Ophiuchus said as we began traveling town the streets towards the port. That's when I got a bad feeling about this. We are heading to the port, with boats, I can only imagine what that must mean. Ophiuchus came to a stop as we reached the edge of the port and looked on onto the ocean. "I figured as much. They Lector out to sea. That way Sting, Rogue and any other dragon slayer couldn't reach him. Clever."

"Let's go." I said as I walked over to nearby boat.

"Yukino, you can't be serious." Ophiuchus said, "Who knows were at sea they are?"

"Maybe but Sting returned you. He took the others because he was forced too but he slipped me you. I owe him for many things and he's, my master. He never asks for anything in return. Going to save Lector who is also my friend is the least that I can do."

Ophiuchus crossed her arms, "The reason he was able to slip me to you was because no one remembers the 13th Zodiac. As always, I'm forgotten." 

I got up and faced Ophiuchus who seemed genuine in her statement. "You know I never forget about you right. I know I don't use your key often but it's because you can cause more damage than needed, but I never forget about you." I explained. Ophiuchus looked at me and shifted her stance.

"I know. Just, it wouldn't hurt to see the human world more." Ophiuchus added. I smiled.

"I'll keep that in mind." I replied. 

Ophiuchus then rolled her eyes, "Alright stop unraveling that boat. I can get us there much faster." She said as she turned into a purple snake. "Just don't tell anyone."

"Understood." I replied. 

For what seemed like hours, Ophiuchus swam through the air just above the water following Lector's scent. However, looking all around and seeing nothing but water, it seemed only natural that it would feel like hours. My head was beginning to hurt first sign that I'm low of magic power. We would need to find that ship soon or I'll be dropped over a vast ocean. 

Finally, there was a ship in sight. Looked to be an armored ship. In ways it reminded me of the Christina of Blue Pegasus. Only no wings or horse looks. 

Ophiuchus strolled right below it as she sniffed to see if Lector was aboard.

"Yep, a fish-eating cat is definitely on board." she replied. I stood up and grabbed some rope hanging off the boat out of port hole while Ophiuchus turned human and did the same. "How low are you on power?" She asked.

"Just a headache."

Ophiuchus looked around, "Alright listen up. When you get in through this port hole you are going to do out the door and take a left and the last right. I can smell him there. You need a break. All you need do is get to him. One you do, summon me back and I'll take the small whaling boat and we can flee on that until your magic is restored got it?"

"Got it." 

"Good and if anything falls through, just summon me again." Ophiuchus reminded me. 

I took a deep breath as Ophiuchus disappeared and I poked my head through the port hole. There was no one there. It looked like holding cell. Luckily it wasn't locked. I slipped in as the boat rocked and stumbled to my feet.  Once I could stand, I made my way to the door and slowly crept it open. I peeked out and examined the hall. I could see members of Abyss Horn walking by. I looked around or a disguise and found a trench coat and hat. It wasn't the best disguise, but it would do. 

I put them on and when the coast was clear I walked down the hall to the left as I was instructed. When I approached the last door on the right, I grabbed the knob to open it but it was locked. I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. That's when I could hear loud thunder footsteps from the far side of the hall. Someone was coming. I had to hurry. I began pulling and pushing the door but I couldn't open it. I searched the hall for something, anything. I found a sword hanging on the wall. It was jeweled and gold. Must have been a safe keeping from a treasure. I stuck it between the door and door frame as I began to push all my weight against it to pry the door open. I backed up and gave it I final push and the door flew open and I fell into the room. I quickly whipped back to close the door and lock it, although I don't think locking it will do anything now. 

I sat by the door waiting for those steps to pass. Once they were gone, I took a deep breath. But that's when I heard it.

"Yukino?" I looked up. On the desk of the captain was a cage and there was Lector.

"Lector." I said as I rushed to my feet.

"Yukino. You found me." He said sobbing. I ended up using the sword to knock the lock off. Once it was open Lector leapt at me as I opened my arms wide. 

"Oh Lector you're ok." I said.

"I was so scared I was never going back to the guild." He cried nuzzling in my shirt.

"It's ok. You're safe." I said hugging him.

"I wouldn't say that." A deep voice said. I turned around and saw the door was open and there was a member of Abyss Horn standing at the doorway. "You and that cat can be prisoners and leverage against that dragon slayer master of yours." 

I stood up as Lector held on to my back ready to take off. "I don't think so." I said. "You've overlooked one very important fact."

"Oh really and what's that?"

"We're from Sabertooth, we never give up on our friends." I said as I took out Ophiuchus's key. "Open gate of the Snake Charmer, Ophiuchus." Immediately upon opening Ophiuchus's gate. The room filled with black and purple smoke. as did the entire boat. Ophiuchus ravaged the entire boat and threw every passenger overboard as she took the ship. 

"Now," Ophiuchus said turning into her human form. "Why don't you go give Sting the good news. Lector's a free cat." Ophiuchus said.

I faced Lector who was smiling and happy. "Lector, to Hargeon."

"I'm coming Sting!" Lector shouted as he picked Yukino up and Ophiuchus vanished to the celestial world. 

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

A/N: I know it's been a while. And I mean a while Since I last posted. I am really sorry about that. I'll be honest I was running out of ideas, and I started my first year in college and got a job so I'm pretty busy, but summer is here and although I'm still working, I'll try to post more often however I don't think next week I'll be able to post I am covering multiply shifts for a co-worker/friend of mine while she's out with personal stuff so...But I do want to get back to Wattpad and update my other stories. I am trying to get some of those stories done so I can focus more on this story. 

Again, I'm sorry for not updating. But I am back and hope to be updating more and posting new chapters more often this summer. Like I said, I don't think a chapter will be posted next week. I'll try to post every week at best. But I promise this, this story is not over yet. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. till next time!