Chapter 37

Yukino's POV

Minerva and I were looking at the job board for a job.

"What about this one?" I asked Minerva showing her a job request.

"A request to defeat a Gargoyle? Sound interesting. But too easy. What about this?" Minerva held up a request asking for protection.

"That seems easy." I said.

"Not too easy. I've been on a lot of jobs lately and I need something easy...but not too easy."

"Well I guess, that's alright." I agreed. "I'll let Rufus know." I said as Minerva went to get our stuff. Sting was out on a mission so that left Rogue to handle the request. Even though he does it most times even with Sting here.

"Rogue, Minerva and I are going to take this job." I said.

"Alright then." He said. Suddenly there was a loud explosion. We turned to the center of it when there was another explosion. Next thing I knew I was on the floor. I was dizzy and my vision was so blurry. I rolled over to see Rogue lying on the floor. I tilted my head upwards to see Minerva on the floor disoriented too.

"Yukino?" I barely heard Rogue say. I looked to him to see a silhouette walking past him. I couldn't see clearly enough to identify it. I could see Minerva trying to sit up as I did the same. I squinted to try to identify the silhouette and I was shocked. It passed me and Rogue. I finally manage to hold myself up with my elbows and forarms.

"Wait." I called out. The man turned around. He had a stone cold look that shook me to my core. It scared me, terrified me. It brought me back to when I first joined Sabertooth. There was a member of Sabertooth who had that cold look but I thought I'd seen the last of that look. "Sting?" Rogue looked up seeing Sting.

Sting then aimed for the ceiling with a roar. The ceiling began to crack as Sting vanished from our sight.

"Minerva!" Rogue called. Minerva reached her hand out to the falling ceiling as she teleported it away.

"What the hell was that?" Orga asked.

"That was Sting." Rogue said.

"But why would Sting attack us?" I asked.

"It seems that is what we need to figure out." Rufus said getting up.

Minerva's POV

I was looking forward to a girls get away. We all gathered it what remained of the guild hall while Rufus used his memory make magic to build a temporary roof.

"So what do we do about Sting?" Orga asked.

"What do you mean?" Rufus asked.

"He attacked us. Is he a good guy or bad guy? Has he joined some dark guild or what?"

"No." Yukino said. "That isn't Sting. He wouldn't do this."

"Yukino's right. This guild means more to him than anything." I said backing Yukino up.

"Then what happened?" Rufus asked.

"We don't know." Rogue said. "What we do know is Sting attack us. Why? We don't know. That's what we need to find out." Rogue said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Could it have something to do with his job request?" Rufus asked. "He was supposed to be on a job until Saturday."

"Alright," Rogue went through a pile of job request befote picking one up. "Minerva, Yukino. You two go to the address and see what you can find. Rufus and Orga try to fix the rook as best you can. Dobengal and I will look for clues in Sting's room." Rogue said.

"Whatever we can do." I said as Yukino took the request and we left.

On the way to the address we were given, Yukino walked in silence. Normally she'd compliment the surrounding area or ask about the request however given the circumstances it makes sense. Or perhaps something else is bothering her.

"Yukino, are you alright?" I asked.

"Of course I am. Fine." She said.

"Really because the Yukino I know would be admiring the scenary or asking about the request, or in this case, the job that Sting took." I said.

"I don"t want to know about the job." She said almost somber.

"But you do. You just don't want to know what happened to the Master." I said. Yukino paused in her tracks.

"Maybe I do. I don't want to believe he attacked us. I don't want to believe the man who gave us a home, the man who who calls us family would attack us." She said.

"Yukino, I don't want to either. The master loves the guild more than anything. That much is certain. He wouldn't turn is back on us."

"I know that. But-"

"Don't you worry Yukino. We will find him and we'll bring him home." I said. Its clear how distraught she is but I began to wonder if it was just the fact that Sting attacked us. We finally reached our destination to see the house address was destroyed. We ran to it thinking maybe someone was there in the debris. Fortunately no one was there which was also a disappointment that meant we were back at square one.

"What happened here?" Yukino asked as I picked up some debris. I had a theory but was Yukino prepared for it.

"I don't know." I doged my theory for now, "lets check through the debris for anything." I suggested. We both spread out through the rumble looking for clues.

"Minerva." Yukino called. She held up what appeared to be an earring. I looked closer, it was Sting's earring he wore on his left ear. "He did this didn't he." Yukino suggested.

"So it would appear." I said. I continued to look through the debris and I found a carving in the ground. "Yukino come take a look at this."

She came up and gasped once she saw the carving. "Is that?"

"A dark guild emblem." I said.

"That's not just any dark guild emblem its the emblem for Abyss Horn." Yukino said. "Come on we have to tell the guild."

A/N
If you've read the Fairy Tail Spin off series about Sabertooth you'd know what Abyss Horn is. And its history with Sabertooth.