The Facade

Yukino's POV

As soon as Sorano believed in our story I quickly rushed her off to her room and insisted she unpack, shower, and change so we could go out later. She seemed to have bought so it gave us a break from Sting and I's fake dating scheme.

As soon as I could I pulled Minerva away and into my room as we sat on the bed.

"Look who's been learning more in her sparring matches with Sting. Strong grip you have." She pointed out.

I waved her comment away.

"Did you hear...the things Sting said about how he first came to love me?" I asked her.

Minerva nodded and relaxed into the bed.

"Oh yeah. It was quite romantic." She said as she fanned herself. "I have to admit that answer was far better than anything I would have made up. The wiser one would have agreed with what you said." Minerva said. "It's actually pretty impressive how quickly he made it up." She said before rubbing her chin.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing...but maybe it could be. I don't know." Minerva said sparking my interest.

"No. No. What?" I asked.

"Well, it was a pretty romantic answer no doubt but it is rather lengthy. And he came up with it rather quickly. Perhaps it wasn't a lie at all."

"You think so. You think he feels that way about me?"

"There is a saying when it comes to lying. Sometimes the best liars are the ones that tell the truth. It's possible he was simply stating how he feels about you." Minerva explained.

Her words put everything into perspective. Sting may like me. He may have feelings for me.

Minerva put her hand on my shoulder.

"What are you thinking?" She asked. "You want to tell him?"

"That I like him? I can't just walk up to Master Sting and tell him I like him."

"But he practically confessed his feelings." Minerva added

"Maybe. I have to be sure. I-I rather not embarrass myself in front of the guild again." I said.

Minerva smiled as she stood up. "Whatever you want to do. I got your back." She said.

Minerva's POV

For crying out loud! I put everything in motion and even after a heartfelt confession she still won't confess.

Does she not know the effort and time that went into this plan. Sorano was onboard from the beginning but to get rumors to spread, to rehearse with Sorano the questions to ask the buttons to push, it was a lot of rehearsing and yet here are still doubtful and nowhere near an actual confession or Sting and Yukino getting together in real life.

Whew!

Breathe Minerva breathe it's alright. Perhaps Rogue will have better luck with Sting.

Rogue's POV

Oh, Minerva will not be pleased.

Sting thinks Yukino's story was real which is good. That was a part of Minerva's plan. What wasn't part of Minerva's plan is Sting wanting to wait until this whole charade is over to ask Yukino if her story is real or not.

He was either supposed to confess to Yukino about it or vice versa not keep it a secret that you believe it's real and ask days later.

Yukino may get tired of waiting. I'm sure Minerva will get tired of watching this pan out and try some sort of scheme to further this along and I have no idea if it'll be worse than this.

I understand Sting's logic. I do. He wants to make sure Yukino's potential feelings are real and not simply a means to an end. Specifically the end of this facade he signed up for.

But if I had a penny for the number of times their feelings were displayed, clear as day for each other and they went by unnoticed, I would not longer need to take another job in my life, I'd be rich. I can see why Minerva is trying to force the two to come out and admit their feelings.

"Maybe you could ask Yukino later tonight?" I suggested.

"I don't know. We need to maintain this charade for whatever outing Sorano wants to do. She'll be there every step and I don't think it's safe to ask until after."

Now he because wise to the idea of being patient. Where was that mindset on our missions when he rushes in without thinking?

"Well if it helps, you two are playing boyfriend and girlfriend so you'll have plenty of time to talk to her and spend with her."

Sting faces me with some emotion pulsating from him. "That doesn't help."

Crap, is he nervous? He's got it bad.