Chapter 40

Lucy's POV

I sat on the train to Hargeon but I couldn't help but feel bad for leaving Yukino behind. Minerva also looked distraught. It only natural, the two are in the same guild and have grown closer as best friends.

I know how concerned Yukino is. She's worries for Sting. It's like qhen Natsu left without a word for an entire year. I was worried and didn't know how to deal with it. Only this situation is different. Sting is being blackmailed into this. Yukino must really want to be here.

Minerva's POV

I sat along side Rogue. We both sat silently pondering our decision to leave Yukino behind. I know she cares for Sting we all do. But we also know Sting cares a lot about Yukino. If something were to happen to her, who knows what he'd do. We'd seen what happens when someone dares to harm Lector. Last time someone hurt Yukino, Sting took out Abyss Horn in a matter of minutes. But now they are using Lector to manipulate him.

Don't misunderstand me. I would love for Yukino to fight beside me, but she has no keys. Sting took all her keys. Without them yes, she could put up a good fight but what would happen when she's exhausted herself. We can't risk it.

With Yukino

Ophiuchus's POV/Memories

I was in the Celestial world talking with Libra. Out of the blue Libra was pulled away, but different from normal.

When we are summoned we tend to disappear or faded away slowly then appear by our celestial wizards side. But Libra was pulled without warning, too quick to even see. Not long after Pisces disappeared as well.

Some of the other Zodiacs that remained, helped me to search for them. When we grouped up again to see if we've found anyone, more Zodiacs were missing. Aries, Taurus, Scorpio, Cancer and Gemini were missing. Virgo had said Aries disappeared right in front of her but it looked as if she was forced away rather than summoned.

All the Zodiacs became concerned. Leo went to Lucy to get to the bottom of this. That's when we learned about 2 hours prier to when the Zodiacs began disappearing, some of her keys were taken by Sting. I wasn't sure if my key was one. It seems only Zodiacs were being taken but it was unclear if Sting had mine since I wasn't forcefully summoned. Luckly I'm just as powerful as Leo.

I forced my gate open without draining Yukino's magic as I appeared in my human form in an open room. I looked at the center of the room to see a force field surrounding the Zodiac keys. From what I felt, the force field was also radiating with magic. Celestial magic. It must be forcing the Zodiac's gates to open, however since it isn't their wizards it's a forceful summon. I became curious as to why the same didn't happen to me. I approached the keys to look at all the keys present. From what I saw the missing Zodiacs where there and so where Yukino's silver keys but...mine wasn't there.

"Looking for this." An all too familiar voice said I turned around as I pulled out my giant needle. Sting held up his hand which hand my key as he tossed it to me. I let it hit the ground as I kept my guard.

"What is this? Some trick?" I asked.

"No. It's to show you I mean you no harm." He said.

"And what about the other Zodiacs?"

"Crunch wanted the twelve Zodiacs. No one really knows there's a 13th gate. It's unheard of to them. Crunch doesn't even remember your key from last time." I get it no one remember Ophiuchus. I get it already.

"Your point."

"When I took Yukino's keys. I kept yours. As far as he's concerned Yukino only had 2 Zodiac keys. I have already left clues for our guild to find but knowing Minerva and Rogue, they'll leave Yukino behind. We need to get you back to the guild."

"Why not just take the keys now?"

"Because they have Lector." Right. That red cat you fawn over. Well, not as much as Rogue fawns over the frog cat.

"So what? You need me to come back here with Yukino?"

"Yes and No. They don't keep Lector here. They keep him elsewhere. You'll probably need more help too."

"Fine. But so help me, if Yukino gets hury. I blame you." I said.

*End of memories

I was in my snake form slithering through the forest to the coast as fast as I could. Yukino sat almost directly on my head holding onto my scales.

"So you clear on the plan?" I asked her. She seemed nervous, her heart was beating fast but she still said,

"Yes. Let's go." Thats my girl.