Chapter 7

Rogue's POV

I woke up and was heading down stairs. I waited up by the door for Yukino. Me and her recently took up a job that puts a whole town under nightmares and illusions. Of course, Sting was suspicious on why just the two of us were going. He seems to still be mad at the fact I groped Yukino.

"Rogue we're here." Frosch said. I could barely stand till the carriage came to a complete stop. I jumped up and ran out on to solid ground.

"According to the flier we have to go the building outside of town." Yukino said. That's when I got a weird feeling. Why the outside of town?

"Maybe it's a trap." I mumbled.

"Maybe it's the only safe place." I heard Yukino say as she walked towards the house.

"I didn't know you were part dragon slayer." I said making a joke on how she heard me.

"I'm not just you don't know how to mumble." She said. I smirked at her for saying that.

"So, what makes you think that it's the only safe place?" I asked her.

"Because the flier said it puts the TOWN in its illusions and nightmares. The house it's part of the town." She said. She made a pretty good point. We made it to the house and found a man inside. He wore a robe and slippers.

"You must be Mr. Bavo." I asked.

"Yes. Now please find the source of this. Everyone is either asleep or afraid to leave the house." He said.

"Do you have any clues?" Yukino asked.

"The only clue I have is that it all started at the center of town, at the city hall." He said then hid under his bed. Me and Yukino looked at each other and headed for city hall.

Minerva's POV

'2 hours ago

"You want me to what?" I said to Sting.

"Just go spy on him or watch Yukino." He told me.

"Look I'm gonna say this. I trust him to be alone with Yukino but I can't trust You to be alone with her." I said.

"I know I get that. But please." He begged.

"What's in it for me?" I asked.

"uh I'll pay you." I shook my head "we can play who's the master again." I said.

"Deal. But you're coming." I said.

"Done." He said and we followed Rogue and Yukino.

'2 hours later

"Where are they?" Sting asked.

"There, they're heading for city hall." I said as we followed them in.

Rogue's POV

Me and Yukino walked in but as soon as we did I lost her and Frosch.

"Yukino! Yukino where are you!" I called out then I saw smoke all around me I couldn't see through it.

"He will die" I hear a voice say. I turn around a see me. But it's future Rogue.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"He will die and there's nothing you can do to stop it.†He tells me then to the side I see Frosch. Then he disappears.

"No. I will never become you. Sting will end me if he has to I'll never become you." I told him.

"Did Natsu not tell you? About why my hair is now white. Why my power is so different." He says with a smirk.

"Tell me what?" I asked.