✧Chongyun- Wish for Warmth✧

A/N- The picture above I can't... someone please give this boy some love, he deserves all the cuddles in the world.

YOUR BOYFRIEND CHONGYUN was a sweet and precious boy, but he had one unique detail of his physiology that he hated.

Due to his excess of Yang energy, he was a great exorcist, but he couldn't experience any of the things that a normal couple would experience together with you. If you hugged him, gave him a kiss, or held him, his Yang energy would explode. He had to keep cold, and distant from you, only showing love through quick little hand holds or a reassuring smile. You accepted this, and loved your unique relationship. But Chongyun hated himself because of this fact.

One day, he came over to your house to visit, and you had made him noodles. Your noodles were warm, his were cold. He enjoyed to eat cold things, and hot and spicy things made him uncomfortable. In his hands, he held two popsicles, which he would eat if he felt his Yang energy overloading. Hopefully, he wouldn't need to use them, but if he needed them, they would be there.

You greeted him with a friendly smile and a hand squeeze, and led him to your kitchen, where the noodles were laid out on the table. Your noodles were colorful, decorated with spicy sauce and all manner of rainbow-colored spices. Chongyun's noodles were simply white. They had no sauce on them, no spice, nothing but the noodles themselves. You wished each other a good meal, and then you ate.

You finished your noodles quickly, and went to get more. The spices gave a remarkable amount of flavor to the simple udon noodles, and they tasted like a delicacy even though they were just simple home cooking that anyone could make. Spices and sauce really made a meal level up from simply good to magnificent.

When you returned to the kitchen table, you realized that Chongyun had barely eaten any of his noodles, and was poking the bland noodles with his chopsticks, pushing them around on the plate. When he saw you, he shoveled a huge amount of them in his mouth and gave you a smile after he swallowed.

"They're really good! Nice job, Y/N. Your cooking is great!" he said.

You could tell that the energy wasn't at all in what he was saying. He seemed sad, and you were concerned. After you had finished your second plate, and he had only half finished his first plate, you were completely sure that something was wrong, and you went over to where he was sitting to take his hands in yours. Thinking that it was just going to be a simple 5 seconds and done handhold, he was shocked when you wouldn't let go. His cheeks turned red, and he pulled his hands out from your grip.

"Y/N, please. You know that my Yang energy will spike if you hold onto me like that," he said. His tone was harsh, and your concern overloaded into anger, and your anger made you snap at him.

"Fuck you and your Yang energy! I'm just trying to be a normal significant other, and you keep on rejecting me! At this point, I'm not sure if it's the Yang energy or if you just don't want to be with me! If you hate me, just leave, and quit with the excuses!"

As soon as those words left your mouth, you knew that you had just said a terrible thing, and you wanted to apologize. But your mind couldn't find the proper words to use to try and fix this scenario. So you just stood there, watching as Chongyun's lower lip trembled, and tears began to stream from his eyes. You tried to reach out and touch him, but he pushed you away, and ran outside your house to the backyard, where he sat on a swing you had hung from your tree years ago and sobbed.

You ran out to where he was to try and comfort him, but you froze when you heard what he was saying under his breath.

"I'm sorry... I hate myself... I can leave if you want... nobody will care..."

"Yunnie! What do you mean, nobody will care! I love you. Lord, I'm such a terrible person. I made you feel this way, and I'm so sorry. Please just don't leave me. Don't leave this world. I love you and I don't want to lose you. Please..."

At this point, you were crying too, and you were not ashamed. Great big tears ran down your cheeks, and you threw your arms around Chongyun, who was just sitting still there, his face emotionless, not saying anything, not moving.

When you felt him wrap his arms around you, you were shocked.

"It's not your fault," he said.

"Yun, you need to let me go, or your Yang energy will be activated, and I don't want you to be hurt," you responded.

He buried his head in your chest and murmured, "You're so warm. I wish I could stay like this forever."

You calmed down when you realized he wasn't showing signs of his Yang energy acting up, and you held him tighter, eventually pressing your lips against his and kissing him, long and deeply.

You let go when you felt his hands trembling, and watched as he shoved a popsicle in his mouth and crunched it in between his teeth.

"It's too hot..." he said, his voice shaky, like his hands.

"It'll be alright, Yunnie," you said. "Just come inside."

He followed you inside, and you laid him down on a couch and put a cool cloth over his head. You noticed the pure love in his blue eyes as you took care of him. You wanted so much to hold him, to touch him, to show him how much he was loved. But instead, you were silent, and took care of him until he said, "The heat is gone. Thank you."

"So love," you said, as if that whole fiasco had never happened. "What shall we do now?"

He sunk his lips onto yours again, and pulled you down onto the couch.

"Let's do that again," he said, gripping you tighter and deeply pulling you in. "It was fun."