✧Diluc- Devastated✧

EVERYONE IN MONDSTADT knew that Diluc overworked himself. But every time they tried to tell him, he ended up ignoring them and continuing to work himself far too hard. As his spouse, you always tried to get him to rest, but he wouldn't listen to anyone, even you, and only ended up working himself harder. Even when Barbara, the resident healer of Mondstadt, told him he needed to rest, he disobeyed her. This led to him being tired and cranky most of the time, and a cranky Diluc was not fun to deal with.

Kaeya, Diluc's adopted brother, who knew full well how annoying the redheaded bartender could get when he was annoyed, invited you to stay over at his house until Diluc learned his lesson and actually stopped overworking himself. He believed that if someone he loved left him without explaining it to him, he would be so terrified that you died that he wouldn't even want to get up the next day, and sleep until you returned to him. You hated Kaeya's plan, but living with Diluc became more and more annoying, so you chose to follow the plan anyway.

One night, right after Diluc went to the tavern for a night shift, you packed up your things and left for Kaeya's home without him knowing. You didn't even leave a note, just left everything blank and the way it was. You just weren't there.

As you expected, when Diluc returned back to his home in the early morning and didn't see you there, he panicked, and asked everyone around where you had gone. Nobody had seen you leave, and so he went all around Teyvat, even going as far as Liyue, to ask where you were. He returned home in a panic with no news of where you could be. He checked in Mondstadt again, and nobody told him anything, even if they did know. Kaeya's substantial amount of money and seductive ways ensured that people would keep quiet about the young person that was living in his house at the moment.

Like Kaeya predicted, Diluc was absolutely devastated by what he thought was your death. He stopped working entirely, and locked himself in his rooms in the Dawn Winery, not letting anyone see him in public. He sent his maids out to get him food and supplies, and never left his rooms without a good reason. You wanted to teach him a lesson, and it seemed like he learned it. You were satisfied, but Kaeya wanted more. He wanted to really make Diluc suffer.

So he hatched yet another evil plan. And you went along with it.

One day, a solid month after you had disappeared, Kaeya went to the Dawn Winery and asked to see his brother, carrying a few belongings of yours that you had lent him, namely a necklace, a spare set of clothes, and a pair of your boots, caked with mud and dirt from years of being worn. Diluc was sleeping, which was something he did a lot of ever since you left him and he had quit work, so Kaeya waited by his bedside until he awoke.

When he saw your belongings in his brother's hands, it drove him into a frenzy, and he thought all this time that you had been cheating on him with his brother. This was exactly what Kaeya wanted, and he told Diluc the story of how you came to his house in the middle of the night seeking refuge from your husband's anger and apparent hatred of you. You had stayed there for a month, and your relationship with Kaeya deepened. The elaborate lies he wove into the true story of your staying over at his house left Diluc speechless, and totally believing of the story that his brother had created.

"Where are they now? Where is Y/N?" he asked.

"They're still at my home. But I don't think they want to talk to you. They said they hate you, and you overwork yourself too much and you're too negative, so it's unhealthy. I don't even think they want to see you," Kaeya said.

Being told that you, the person Diluc had married and pledged his life to, did not want to see him, broke his heart. He began to cry, great big tears streaming down his cheeks, and begged Kaeya to send you to the winery so that he could see you. After crying and begging for a large amount of time, you ended up stepping into the room. You had been waiting behind the door for Kaeya to give you a cue to come in, and when you saw him wave his hand at you, you knew that it was time, and you rushed in to hold Diluc in your arms.

"I love you so much, Diluc. I'm sorry I had to leave you, but I had to teach you a lesson. Don't overwork yourself, I hate it. If you overwork yourself again, I'll leave without notice again, and break your heart again. Understood?"

Diluc tried to speak, but he was overcome with emotion, so he just buried his head in your chest and nodded.

Kaeya said his goodbyes and left, and you and Diluc stayed in his bedroom, cuddling and crying, for the whole night.