✧Lan Zhan- Forever Love✧

WHEN HE SAW his husband standing in front of him again for the first time in more than a decade, Lan Zhan was shocked. At first he couldn't even say anything, he just got up out of his bed and stared at Wei Wuxian for a solid minute.

"See!" Wuxian said, taking Lan Zhan's unwavering gaze and silence as a sign that he hated him. "I told you he hated me!"

He turned to go, and you stretched your hand out to grab him by the sleeve and stop him, but then Lan Zhan stopped it by himself. He ran over to Wuxian's side and threw his arms around him, tears running down his cheeks from the amount of emotion he was experiencing.

Wuxian began to shake when Lan Zhan grabbed him, and when his grip tightened on him, he screamed as loudly as he could. Many concerned disciples rushed in, and you and Xichen had to hustle them out and tell them that nothing bad was happening because of how pained Wuxian's scream sounded.

Lan Zhan was shocked that the man he loved was afraid of his embrace now. It hit him so hard that he let go of Wuxian, crawled back into his bed, and covered his face with his blanket, sobbing softly.

"Damn you, Wei Wuxian!" you snapped, irrationally blaming him for your brother's pain. "How could you be so mean! Look at what you've done!"

"I'm sorry!" Wuxian cried out. "But I... when he touched me, I... it felt as if he was trying to hurt me. I don't know why it felt that way, but I felt as if I was in danger. I had to escape somehow. I'm sorry."

Upon hearing this, Xichen was concerned. Had an event happened in the past with Lan Zhan that had made Wuxian terrified of his husband? That couldn't be possible. Wangji loved his husband to death. He would never hurt him... would he?

"Wangji, did you ever hurt Wuxian?"

"Mm-mm!" Lan Zhan grunted, pushing his head up over the covers to show that he was shaking it vigorously.

"Then why is he afraid of you? He was shaking in your arms, and he said it felt like you were going to hurt him. Why would he feel this way if you haven't hurt him before?"

Lan Zhan opened his mouth and tried to talk, but all that came out was a dry- and painful- croak. He anxiously pressed his fingers to the stitches on his throat, making sure they didn't come out, then tried again.

"W...We' Yi'... Wei Ying..." he choked out.

"Hanguang-jun," Wei Wuxian said cautiously.

"I lo' you... We' Yi'..."

He couldn't say the whole thing yet, but Lan Zhan's message was clear. He loved his Wei Ying. And even if it took him time to remember him, even if he couldn't remember him, he would still love him.

"Hanguang-jun..." Wei Wuxian sobbed. "I don't know why, I don't know how, but I love you too. I love you so much... my Hanguang-jun."

Lan Zhan smiled a beautiful, wide smile, something you and Xichen were happy to see. He had smiled so rarely when Wei Ying was gone, so to see his beautiful smile once again made you so happy.

"Shall we leave you two alone?" Xichen asked, an eyebrow raised to indicate the naughty nature of that sentence.

"Xichen!" you said, slapping your brother on the arm playfully.

To your surprise, Wei Wuxian nodded his head eagerly.

"I would love to get to know my Hanguang-jun more personally," he teased.

Lan Zhan shook his head and pointed to the stitches in his throat.

"No' now," he whimpered, his voice slurred with what you assumed was either tiredness or an effect of the stitches.

"So you want to recover first before we have fun?" Wuxian said. "Alright. I'll wait for you, Hanguang-jun. I'll always wait for you."

"Love Wei Ying," Lan Zhan said, managing to say the whole words without stopping at the vowels this time. "Wangji loves Wei Ying."

"Wei Ying loves Wangji as well," Wei Wuxian said, bowing before leaving the room.

When Wei Ying left, Lan Zhan burst into sobs, and you and Xichen rushed to his side to comfort him.

"Don't sob!" you said. "You'll tear your throat open!"

But it was too late.

The dark red of his blood was already flowing over his blankets.

A/N- I just ended it with that cliffhanger because I wanted to continue this storyline lol. I really like this idea, so I'll be continuing with it for a few more chapters. I'm sorry if you don't really like this storyline. Soon you'll have a different storyline to enjoy, once I finish this.