✧Fu Yao- My Fighter✧

YOU WERE HEADING home after a long day at work to your husband, Fu Yao, who had been waiting to see you for many days. You worked in your country's army, so you weren't home much, which you knew hurt Fu Yao's feelings. He always tried to be strong and cheerful, and not show his weaknesses, but you knew that you staying away from him hurt his heart. So you tried to finish your appointments in the army as fast as you could so you could get home to him. This appointment had been a little longer than usual, and you had been gone for a month. You were happy to serve your country, but you were relieved to get back home.

A candle was alight in the window of your house, and you saw Fu Yao sitting there with his back to the window, reading. You ran to the door and unlocked it as quietly as possible, attempting to catch him unaware. You opened the door, went into the living room, and dived onto his lap, making him cry out and throw his book into the air. The candle went out, and you were plunged into total darkness. 

"W-who is it?" Fu Yao snapped, trying to sound confident although it was obvious he was afraid. "Who touched me? G-go away, or I'll hurt you!"

Instead of responding that it was you, Y/N, and you wouldn't hurt him, you decided to play a dirty trick on him. You got down on all fours and crawled into the doorway, then rushed towards him on your four legs. At this point, he was trembling, and he was legitimately afraid. When you grabbed his ankles, he started to scream.

"Y/N! Y/N, please, save me!"

You froze on the spot when you heard your name called. Fu Yao knew that you weren't home. Yet he still reflexively called for you when he needed help, or when he was frightened. It warmed your heart to know that he relied on you to take care of him so much that even when you weren't home, he called your name.

Although your heart was warmed, you were having fun scaring your husband. So you continued to play with him, dancing around the room like a crazy person. He started to sob and kept on crying out your name.

Then, when you had crawled up onto him, and were face to face, he started to gasp, "Y/N... my fighter... I need you... p-please.... I-I'm too afraid.... I-I'm too w-weak..."

His eyes closed, and he fell into a faint against the couch. You panicked, and lit another candle and gave him a kiss to try and wake him up. When that didn't work, you lit a whole circle of candles and put it around him.

That gave you an idea.

You got all the candles you could, and shaped them in the shape of a heart. Then you wrote a note to him, and put it in the middle of the candle heart, along with a box of candies you had bought on your way back home. Then you hid behind the door of the living room and waited for him to regain consciousness.

When he did, he immediately looked around for the 'monster' that had attacked him. When he didn't see it, he went towards the candle heart, and read the note you had left for him. You noticed that his eyes were still watching the corners of the room, in case you chose to jump out at him. When he finished reading the note, he started to cry again.

"Y/N... where are you? Please, I need you. I got attacked, and I'm so scared that the attacker will hurt me again. I used to be a fighter, but without you, I'm so weak. Please... please, help me..."

You revealed yourself, coming out from where you were hiding behind the door. As soon as he saw you, he threw his arms around you and started to breathe unevenly, his tears permeating into your shirt.

"I'm right here, Fu Yao, my handsome fighter. I'm here for you," you said, rubbing his back and giving him a deep kiss.

"Th-the monster... i-it's still here... i-it didn't leave," he said, struggling to speak between his jagged breaths and tears.

"No, Fu Yao. It was a trick. I was playing with you. I'm the monster," you told him, feeling terribly guilty for the way you had made him feel.

"You... you... why? Why did you scare me like that? Wh-when I called you... y-you weren't there... I was so afraid... I-"

You silenced him with another kiss, and then you started to cry.

"I'm sorry, Fu Yao. I didn't realize you were going to be so afraid. I guess I really am a monster for hurting you like this. I'm so sorry..." you said.

He was silent for a long while, and you were afraid that you had hurt him beyond his ability to forgive you.

Then he said, "I love you, my fighter."

And all your tears flowed.

You stood, together, holding onto each other; in a dark world, each other's savior.

You were his fighter.

He was yours.

You would fight together against the terrible world with your love, and never allow Fu Yao to be hurt ever again.

That was your promise, made in that moment.