✧ Lan Xichen- First Love ✧

A/N- Tell me how this man is so effortlessly beautiful. Please explain.

XICHEN WAS SHOCKED at the change in Wei Wuxian. The man lying down on an inn's bed, thrashing from side to side and wailing about demons and begging for help was a far throw from the confident young man he had known just a few days earlier. What had happened to him?

"I don't know what to do to help him!"

The attractive young bartender, who introduced themselves to you as L/N Y/N, was going mad with worry. They were pacing around the room, pulling on their hair and their clothes, stretching everything out.

Xichen, being the kind man that he was, took their hands in his and said, "It'll be alright. My flute playing can calm him. If not, I'll get Wangji to play him the guqin."

Y/N smiled at him, and he felt his heart rate rise. This was uncharacteristic of him, usually he stayed calm around people. Why was he like this around you? It couldn't be love... could it?

He drew Liebing out from its pouch and played a calming melody for Wuxian. When he finished it, both Y/N and Wuxian had fallen asleep. He felt bad waking them up, so he just left a note for the bartender and left.

When you woke up, Xichen was standing above you with his younger brother Lan Wangji by his side. Wangji acknowledged you with a nod of his head, but he was focused mainly on Wuxian, who was opening his eyes slowly.

"L-Lan Z-Zhan," he whispered, breaking your heart. The poor man really loved Wangji.

"I'm here, Wei Ying," Wangji responded, bending down and giving the other man a chaste kiss on the forehead. "Open your eyes, bunny."

At hearing that nickname, both you and Xichen knew it was time for you to leave the two of them to speak in private. You went downstairs and began to make the bar ready for the new day of service while Xichen stood around watching you awkwardly, the two of you not saying anything.

Finally you asked Xichen, "Do you want any drinks while I'm setting up everything? I might be too busy to give you any later. This tavern gets busy on weekends."

"I don't drink, thank you," Xichen said with a bright, handsome smile. "But I'm sure your drinks are the greatest drinks in Gusu."

You caught the subtle hint of flirting in that statement, and blew Xichen a kiss, making him quite flustered. He hung his head like a sad dog, hiding his face with his long hair. The poor man probably never flirted with a woman in his life, he was probably quite insecure in his flirting abilities.

"Xichen... you fancy me, don't you?" you said, making him look up to flutter your eyelashes at him and smile the widest, most seductive smile you could ever smile.

His handsome face turned red, and he couldn't meet your eyes. He looked up slowly and then fully brought his eyes up to your face. When he spoke, he stammered, but his message was clear as crystal.

"Y-yes, I-I fancy you," he stammered shyly. "I don't know why I'm like this, I-"

"It's the way love is," you responded. "Have you ever loved someone like this before, Lan Xichen?"

"Huan. Lan Huan is my birth name," he said. "And yes. This is my first time loving someone like this."

"Well then, Lan Huan," you said, leaning your perfectly supple and young body against the bar counter. "Let's go upstairs; let me show you how this love is going to work."

Xichen had never seen clothing as sheer as yours. Underneath the cloth, he could see your chest rising and falling, and your ripe breasts (if you're male, just ignore this part) rose slightly over the collar. You were dressed like a prostitute, but you were confident in it, and that was attractive to the elder Lan brother. He hesitantly took a step forward, then raced over to your side, letting you grab him and pull him up the stairs. He passed by Wuxian's room and made you stop when he heard someone crying.

The two of you entered the room and both of you were shocked to see Wangji crying. He was sitting on the ground sobbing and kicking like a baby. Wuxian's eyes were red, and he was shaking like a leaf. You rushed to Wuxian's side while Xichen rushed to his brother's side to comfort him.

"What is it, Wuxian? What happened?" you asked.

"H-h-h-he hurt me," Wuxian stammered wildly, his shaking, bony hands moving up to touch yours. "H-h-he-help m-me."

"Baby, what happened? How did he hurt you?" you asked, side eyeing Wangji aggressively.

"I love Wei Ying!" Wangji sobbed, burying his head in his brother's chest. "Wangji loves Wei Ying. W-Wangji l-loves Wei Ying! Wangji..."

He trailed off, consumed by sobs. Xichen stroked his hair and hummed gently, tears filling his eyes at his younger brother's pain. You laid a hand on his back and whispered what he had said to you earlier.

"It'll be alright. They'll calm down. Look, Wuxian is already asleep."

"B-but my didi," Xichen whimpered. "Lan Zhan..."

"Lan Huan, it'll be okay. It's okay," you said, stroking his hair now. "It'll be fine."

"Gege, it's okay," Wangji said tearfully- but at least he wasn't crying anymore. "I'll go back to Cloud Recesses. Wei Ying made it clear he no longer wishes to see me, so I will not stay by his side any longer. You stay with Y/N, since you like them. I'll see you later."

With that, he left, leaving you alone with his sobbing older brother.

"Why did they break up?" he sobbed. "They were so perfect!"

"I don't know, Huan. But everything will be alright. Believe me, it'll get better."

You held Xichen in your arms as he cried, and looked sadly at Wuxian, who was sleeping with tears running down his cheeks and staining his pillow.

Sometimes, relationships didn't have a good ending.

A/N- That's the ending of this storyline! I loved writing vulnerable Xichen... I never see Xichen written that way so I decided I would try. I hope you guys enjoyed this storyline. See you soon!