✧Thoma- Die for You✧

A/N- Fanart has nothing to do with the topics in the story. I just thought it looked cool lol.

THOMA HATED BEING alone. He knew that it was necessary to hide from the Vision Hunt Decree, but he missed seeing you.

You, Y/N, had a pyro vision just like him. You had managed to escape the Vision Hunt Decree multiple times, and you had never needed to hide. He was jealous of that fact, jealous that you could take care of yourself and use your powers to fight. He could barely use any pyro attacks unless he was triggered somehow, and he still didn't know what his trigger was. Because he couldn't use elemental attacks, you had seconded his mistress Kamisato Ayaka's order- she said it was a request, but he knew that it was just a gently worded order- to hide in the Komore Teahouse. He had been hiding there for many weeks, and he hadn't seen your face for days. He missed you terribly. He was very lonely.

One day, he woke up early, his heart filled with a strange sense of dread. He looked around the small room he was hiding in, but there was nobody there. He went out into the hallway and all the other rooms to see the same thing. Nobody was in the teahouse. Everything was quiet. So why did he feel like he was being watched?

He heard the sound of a metal object being dropped, and whirled around to see the silhouette of a person against the walls. Their h/l (h/l= hair length) hair and their slender body seemed to pop out of the shadows like a specter. He vaguely recognized the silhouette from nights spent lying with that person alone in the forest, watching as the fire faintly lit their body up and cast shadows and silhouettes of them on the trees. But it couldn't be them. They had been gone for so long. He thought they were dead.

With an awed expression on his face and shock in his voice, he called your name out softly.

And you responded.

The silhouette that was previously standing still rushed towards him until they had their arms around you. The strength of the embrace and the soft sounds of your sobbing made Thoma sure that it was you that was holding him. His tense shoulder and back muscles loosened up, and he wrapped his arms around your back in response, rubbing it gently and making you relax as well.

"Y/N, you finally came to see me," he said, not trusting himself to be able to say anything more.

You unfolded yourself from his tight embrace and summoned a bright flame in your hands, putting that flame into a paper lantern that had been sitting on the counter that Taroumaru, the owner of the teahouse, slept on. The fire lit up the space around you, revealing yourself to Thoma and Thoma to you.

Thoma was shocked by your appearance. You had lost a lot of weight, and your arms and exposed shoulder blades were covered in cuts and scars. Your left eye was blackened and your cheek was red and swelling from a recent punch you had taken from the face. Your hair, the beautiful, smooth hair that he enjoyed running his fingers through, was matted and tangled, filled with blood and other things, both solid and liquid. All in all, you looked nothing like the confident, fiery (pun intended i guess) young one that he loved.

You were also shocked by Thoma's appearance, although it wasn't as bad as yours. His hair wasn't in its normal ponytail, it was hanging down freely, just barely going below his shoulders. Besides that, the only thing that wasn't normal was the dark circles and bags under his eyes. He looked like he hadn't slept well for many days.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't come see you earlier," you said, swallowing your tears and trying not to explode with emotions. "The shogun's samurai were chasing me. I had to hide."

"And fight, it looks like," Thoma said, gently touching your hurt eye and making you cry out softly in pain.

"My injuries don't matter," you responded, making him frown. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"Only here," he said, putting his fist to his heart. "Ayaka hasn't come to see me in forever, and besides her, you're the only one that comes to see me. I've been very lonely. I was honestly just thinking of leaving the teahouse just to see some people, capture be damned. But then you came..."

He cut himself off with a loud sigh. You could tell that he was feeling down. He never sighed or spoke so quietly before. You wanted to hold him in your arms and shelter him from the world. However, you couldn't stay with him forever. You had already stayed too long. You were still being hunted, and you had to run.

"Thoma, I have to leave in a few minutes," you responded, hating yourself for the way his face fell when you said that. "I'm being chased after by a lot of samurai. I managed to dodge them for now, but they'll be back soon. I don't want you to get caught in the crossfire."

Unexpectedly, Thoma pressed his lips to yours, indulging you in a deep, passionate kiss that the two of you were locked in for a long minute before he pulled away.

"I would die for you, L/N Y/N," he said. "Don't you dare leave my side now."

"But Thoma-" you started.

"Hush. If I die, I die together with you," he interrupted.

That last sentence pretty much ended the argument. Even if you didn't want him to be, Thoma was a fighter, and he would gladly give his life for you or for any of the people he loved.

You wrapped your arms around him and murmured, "I would die for you too, my love. Shall we go rest? It's late."

"But what if the samurai come while we sleep?" Thoma asked. His brave exterior had completely disappeared, and now all he had was worry. Worry for himself, but primarily worry for you. You were everything to him. If you died or were seriously hurt, he would blame himself, and that would lead him down a spiraling path of destruction.

"If they come while we sleep, we'll fight. Don't worry, my love. Now that our lives have been pledged for one another, even the greatest amount of pain is but a small feeling," you said.

With those wise words in his mind, Thoma led you to the room where he slept, and you spent the night lying next to each other, just like you used to do. The light of the lantern that Y/N had brought in made shadows of her sleeping body float along the walls.

But Thoma wasn't scared.

You were, after all, the most beautiful person in his life.

Your shadow was no different.