✧Lan Xichen- Please Stay✧

XICHEN WATCHED PROTECTIVELY over you and Lan Zhan, occasionally running his fingers over Lan Zhan's scars with tears in his eyes. How could he not have seen the pain his brother was in and let it get to the point of an attempted suicide?

He looked at your face and burst into unexpected sobs. Your empathy was your weakness. How could he not have known that you seeing your brother hurt himself would lead you to want to hurt yourself as well? Now both his younger siblings were lying unconscious in bed, and he felt terribly guilty.

"Xichen gege," you whispered weakly.

He cast his eyes down on you again. When he saw that you were conscious, he cried out and almost burst into sobs again. You squeezed his hand gently to reassure him, and said, "I'm here, don't worry."

"I was so worried, I could barely breathe!" Xichen gasped, holding tightly on to your hand as if it was his lifeline. "I-I... I-I..."

He burst into sobs again, and you got up out of the bed to wrap your arms around him and comfort him.

"Wangji... Please, wake up!" he sobbed as you hugged him.

"He'll be conscious soon. With his throat wound, he's lucky he didn't die. You just need to be patient, gege. He'll be alright. I have faith that he'll be alright," you said.

When he heard a soft groan, Xichen gasped and rushed towards the bed, sitting down by his now conscious brother's side and taking his hands in his.

"Wangji! You're awake!" he said.

Lan Zhan looked around at the room, then at himself, and burst into sobs. By the end of the sobs, he was choking and struggling for breath. The stitched edges of his wound were glowing red, and you realized that the thread had cut into his skin. You pressed the sleeve of your hanfu to the stitches and managed to stop the bleeding.

"How are you feeling, Wangji?" you asked your brother.

He grunted softly in response, and Xichen said, "The wound on his throat makes it impossible for him to talk. When the stitches are removed in a week, he'll be able to speak again, but probably not very well."

You felt Wangji burrow his head into your chest, which was something he usually did when he was sad. You began to stroke his hair, and he hummed happily to show his pleasure. You did that for a long time, until he crawled out of your arms and climbed out of the bed, running to Xichen and embracing him. When Xichen felt his brother's arms around him, he broke, and began to sob and shake.

"Wangji! Wangji! My Wangji!" he wailed, holding tightly onto his brother.

Lan Zhan gave his brother a sympathetic look and nuzzled him gently on the neck like a rabbit. You went to Xichen's side and hugged him as well. All of you hugging as family made your heart feel warm. You had never really gotten the chance to know your brothers as family, just as fellow disciples of the Lan clan. You never really showed your love towards them, but then again, no family that was from the Lan clan showed their attraction directly. Because of that, it wasn't obvious to any of you that you were actually loved by your siblings, except for the occasional hug or kiss on the cheek. So all hugging as a family was a serious thing.

"Stay with me," Xichen begged. "Please... I-I love you so much, I don't know what to do... when you're sick, I don't know what to do! Please, Wangji, Y/N, don't leave me!"

"As long as Wangji never leaves us, I will never leave you," you promised. You had a deep connection with your younger brother, and you loved him like a mother, probably because you had taken care of him like a mother after your mother had died. When he was hurt, you were hurt as well, and when he was happy, you were happy as well.

"Wangji... please, don't leave us," Xichen said. "I'll get down on my knees and beg if I need to, I'll bow to you as many times as I need, I'll go through endless pain just for you to survive!"

Lan Zhan looked away and didn't do anything for a long while. But then he nodded and gave Xichen another hug, which you assumed was his version of saying that he'd stay with them.

You stayed together, talking about things like family, for many minutes before a servant rushed in and screamed,

"The Yiling Patriarch is alive!"

A/N- Wei Ying's oneshot is part three to this story.