✧Lan Zhan- Recovered✧

FOR WEEKS, LAN ZHAN watched over your and Xichen's unconscious bodies, keeping you safe and protecting you from any servants or people who wanted to see you. During those weeks, he got his stitches taken out, and he was able to speak again. The first thing he asked was for Wei Wuxian to stay by his side forever, which the young man gladly promised to do. And the second thing he told Wuxian to do was stay with him while he stayed by the two of you. Because he wanted to be close to his husband as much as Lan Zhan wanted to be closer to him, Wuxian agreed, and he sat by Lan Zhan's side as he tirelessly played the guqin for you, brushed your hair, sang for you, whatever you needed, he would provide you.

When your eyes opened, the first thing you saw was Wei Wuxian sitting over your bed, which was not what you had expected to see. You sat up almost immediately and looked around the room for Lan Zhan, thinking that he had been injured and that was why he wasn't sitting with you. Wuxian laid his hand on your chest and pushed you back down into a lying position, which you found as a surprisingly informal thing to do to someone he barely knew.

"You should rest more," Wuxian said. "Lan Zhan's-"

"Y/N!"

"Never mind," Wuxian said, standing up- he had been kneeling so that he was able to make eye contact with you- and leaving your bedside. "He's here."

Lan Zhan fell on his knees by your bed and began to sob, grabbing the sheets as if they were a lifeline. You laid your hands over his and whispered gently to him.

"It's okay, Wangji. It's okay. I'm here. I'm here."

Xichen woke up shortly after that, and when Lan Zhan saw his brother's dark eyes looking at him with so much love in them, he felt as if his heart was going to explode. He reached out for his older brother, and Xichen took his younger brother's hand and cried tears of joy.

"How long were we asleep?" you asked him.

"Four weeks," Lan Zhan said.

You gasped in shock. Four weeks? You could imagine how panicked Wangji would be during those four weeks, to wake up and see his two older siblings lying unconscious, then having to take care of him while dealing with a probably very love-hungry Wei Wuxian. Not for the first time, you appreciated the loyalty and love of your younger brother.

Xichen moved himself over and beckoned for Lan Zhan to join the two of you on the bed. When he climbed up and sandwiched himself between you two, it brought back fond memories of when you were children and you would sleep on the floor with blankets under you and over you, sandwiching Wangji in between you and Xichen, the two older kids.

Lan Zhan had bad nightmares as a child, so sometimes he would wake up screaming, and your parents would have to wake up in the middle of the night and comfort him. The sandwich method of sleeping seemed to stop the nightmares, and when it didn't, when the nightmares were too strong to be resisted, you and Xichen were right there to comfort him, and your parents didn't have to worry about waking up and taking care of their son.

"We'll keep all your nightmares away, Wangji," you said, wondering if he remembered those times as well.

You felt him wrap his arms around you and lay his head on your shoulder.

"Y/N... when you and Xichen were unconscious I... I was so worried, I could barely breathe, I... I-I... Don't leave me! Don't..."

He burst into sobs once again, and Xichen rolled over to wrap his arms around his little brother's back.

"We'll never leave you, Wangji," he said.

"Gege!" Lan Zhan sobbed, letting go of you and grabbing hold of his older brother.

"I'm here. I'll never leave you," Xichen said, running his fingers through his brother's hair.

"We'll never leave you. You're our younger brother, our baby. We love you to the moon and back, Wangji," you said, holding his hands in yours.

"I love you," Lan Zhan said. "I love you so much... I love you..."

You and Xichen took turns comforting your brother, just like you did in childhood, until he stopped crying.

"You nursed me back to health," Lan Zhan said, leaving where you three were lying together and heading to the door- probably to do something with Wei Wuxian, who he had missed very much. "You're my savior, the both of you. Thank you so much, Xichen, Y/N. I love you to the moon and back."

With that, he left, and you and Xichen were left alone.

"So," Xichen said, "when do you think Wangji and Wuxian are getting married?"

A/N- And that's the end of this storyline! I really loved writing a storyline like this, it was fun, and I will definitely do it again but for Wei Wuxian or something similar to this later at some point. I hope you enjoyed this as well!