✧Wen Ning- Faithful ✧

A/N- It's been a long time since I've written oneshots for The Untamed! I had a dream about Wen Ning last night actually. It was amazing, and it motivated me to write this. So go figure lol.

I was thinking about using a part of the dream in this, but the dream was really angsty and this is going to be as fluffy as possible. So I'm going to forego that idea and just try to write fluff. Again, forgive me if this is bad, I haven't written Untamed one shots in ages.

YOU WERE TOTALLY jealous.

As the girlfriend of Wen Ning, you weren't really used to competition for him. Not that many girls were attracted to him. He was shy and stammered a lot, and he tended to not fight much. In fact, the poor young man was terrified of fights. When one would break out, he would run away and hide until it was over. This made him hated by many people, but you had always loved him.

Wen Ning had always been faithful to your relationship with him. He would never hang out with other girls, and he would frequently buy you gifts and tell you how much he loved you. This gave you faith in his love for you. But your faith was easily broken one day.

You and Ning went to town one day together for what you assumed would be some quality time together. However, when you reached the town, Ning told you he had to go meet up with someone, and he handed you some money and a list of things you needed to shop for. You weren't bothered by being sent on errands, in fact, you enjoyed walking around the town and shopping. So you gladly set out to buy the things you needed, while Ning went towards a restaurant to sit and drink tea while waiting for the person he needed to meet with.

It didn't take you that long to buy everything that was needed, and when you were done, you headed back to the entrance of the town where you agreed to meet with Wen Ning again. On your way back, you saw him and a young woman who was wearing the clothes of a minor clan standing by a little stand that sold hairpins. Ning was putting pins in the woman's hair and she was giggling and seeming quite happy.

That was when your trust for him shattered.

You ran up to him with eyes full of tears and yelled at the woman to piss off, go back to her home. She got scared and ran off, leaving the pin that Wen Ning had placed in her hair in his now shaking hands. Ning was scared by your attitude. Why were you so emotional all of a sudden?

"I trusted you, Ning!" you wailed, throwing the basket of food you had purchased in his face. "I trusted you, I loved you, and you betrayed me!"

After saying that, you ran back to the cottage you lived in with Ning and collapsed on what was once your bed. You smelled his scent on the pillows, his scent of harsh soap and the forest. You sobbed into the sheets, and kept on crying until you heard footsteps and realized that he was standing in the doorway of the room you were in.

"Get away from me, please," you said softly, not even angry at him anymore, just saddened.

Wen Ning stood there, silently watching you, with sadness in his gray eyes. He reached into his clothing and pulled the hairpin that he had put in the other lady's hair out. He walked over to the side of the bed and silently held the hairpin out to you in his hands.

"What? Is this for me?" you asked.

"F-for y-you," Ning answered, his head still hung low, his eyes not meeting yours.

"Why did you put it in that other girl's hair then? What was that supposed to be? A test to see if I'd like it?"

You said that last sentence bitterly, and you heard Ning breathing shakily after it. That was how you could tell that he was sad. Ever since he had been resurrected by the Yiling Patriarch, he had been unable to cry. So whenever he had a nightmare of some sort, you weren't awakened by him crying, but by him holding onto your body as his body shook, and by him muttering incoherently about demons and about seeing you dying or seeing someone he loved suffering.

He couldn't respond to that question at first, just stammered and mumbled things under his breath. His body was beginning to shake, just like it did when he was having a nightmare. Against your better judgment, just because the hairpin was pretty and expensive and you didn't want to see it broken, you took it from Ning's hands and placed it in your hair for safekeeping.

"I-i-is it p-pretty?" Ning asked, reaching out to touch your hair with his shaking hands. "P-please tell me w-what you t-think..."

You got up out of the bed and looked at your reflection in the mirror. You didn't look too attractive, what with your eyes being made all red by crying and your hair all tangled from rolling around in the sheets. But the hairpin was truly beautiful. The pin itself was shaped like your favorite flower, colored in your favorite color. And it really did look beautiful in your hair. The color of your hair complemented it perfectly.

"I love it! You're so sweet, Ning. But why did you put it in another lady's hair first?"

"B...b-b-because-"

Ning couldn't even articulate his emotions. He just buried his head in your chest and wrapped his strong arms around you, holding you tight as he shook and trembled.

"M-my f-friend," he whispered as he held onto you for stability, which you were giving him precious little of. "T-the l-lady... my friend."

"She's your friend?" you questioned. "So why did you put the pin in her hair?"

"A test," he said shyly. "T-to see if a lady w-would l-like it."

Your heart softened at the preciousness of your boyfriend. He was just being sweet to you, and you had misunderstood everything. The only fault in this was yours. You felt terrible for making such a sweet man so emotional over a simple gift.

You reached out your arms and embraced him, making him gasp in shock. He was even more shocked and shy when you whispered, "I love you, Ning," into his ears.

"I-I l-love you t-too," he stammered. "I-I'm sorry about everything."

"No need to sorry, darling. It's all my fault," you admitted. "Everything's okay now though, so don't worry about apologies."

You held each other all of that night, and the next day, you were loath to be parted. Wen Ning's love had left an endless devotion in your heart. You would never leave him, and one thing was absolutely sure.

You would never lose faith in his faithfulness ever again.

A/N- So this was supposed to be fluff, but then it magically turned into angst since I've been feeling down lately and I guess that just came into my work. I enjoyed this oneshot, though. Wen Ning is such a precious, beautiful character. I just want to cuddle him all day. I love him. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this messy angst oneshot for him. It's not great but I tried...

Anyways, see you later in the next oneshot.