✧Hua Cheng- Lifesaver✧

FROM THE MOMENT you met Hua Cheng, you loved him.

He was courteous and respectful to Xie Lian, and Xie Lian was in love with him because of that. This made you concerned for the prince's well being. Hua Cheng had assured you multiple times, evidently seeing the close relationship you saw with the man he loved, that he wouldn't let Xie Lian be hurt, and that he would give his own life to keep him safe. In all the fights you were with him in, he showed that he didn't lie when he said that. He always put himself in harms way for the prince. And the prince did the same thing for him.

But that all changed when you had to go to the Half-Moon Kingdom.

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng had gone together to the Half-Moon Kingdom on a mission years ago. Hua Cheng had jumped down into the Sinner's Pit, Xie Lian had followed him, Hua Cheng caught him in his arms, and the rest was history that the two particularly loved to discuss.

Xie Lian had been permanently scarred by this event. When you climbed to the top of the Sinner's Pit and were looking down, he started to tremble, and he backed away from the edge, pulling Hua Cheng away with him to make sure that he wouldn't jump again. As Hua Cheng comforted his lover and made it clear that he wouldn't jump down into the pit, that he would stay by his side forever, you were rather foolishly leaning over the edge of the pit to try and see what was down in there. Had the dead bodies been removed, or were their rotting skin and skeletons still there?

You ended up leaning in too far, and before you could stop yourself, practically in the blink of eye, your feet had stepped forward into the abyss, and you were falling. You started to panic, screaming the names of your companions out loud and praying that they would catch you. They heard your cries, and rushed to try and catch you.

Xie Lian shot Ruoye at you, but some sort of magical force blocked the silk bandage from wrapping around your body and stopping your fall. When Ruoye returned to his arm, he began to panic, and shouted your name over and over, shooting Ruoye out again and having it return to his arm again. The poor man was in hysterics now, shaking and crying, and imagining your body lying dead and crushed on the bottom of the pit, unable to be reached and carried out.

Hua Cheng, however, was calm.

He stepped out onto the edge of the pit and jumped off, without looking down. He opened up his umbrella, and instead of falling uncontrollably, he glided down elegantly, landing on his feet on the bottom. He waited for you to fall, then caught you in his arms.

You felt all your fear fly away when his strong arms caught you. You looked directly into his dark eyes, and the love and devotion you saw there was incredible.

"Hua Cheng... you saved me," you murmured in awe.

Hua Cheng silently reached out and touched your cheek ever-so-softly.

"I broke the magical barrier as well," he said in a tone of voice similar to yours, soft and sounding shy. "Xie Lian can save us with his Ruoye."

"Will you let go of me and let me stand on my own?" you asked, feeling bad to ask this. You selfishly enjoyed being held in his strong, dependable arms.

"Of course I will," he said. You heard the same disappointment in his voice as he let go of you and let you stand up on your own.

"Xie Lian! You can save us with your Ruoye now! Hua Cheng broke the barrier!"

In response, you saw a white bandage flying downwards to wrap around your waist, and one flying towards Hua Cheng, who was standing next to you. The bandages caught both of you and pulled you up to the top of the pit, where Xie Lian embraced both of you and cried.

"I thought you were dead!" he said to you.

You gave Hua Cheng a sweet smile, and he smiled kindly back.

"I'll never die when I have my lifesaver with me."