✧Lan Zhan- Confess✧

A/N- This is a very beautiful fanart! He looks like an elf or some mystical being lol. I love the colors that are used in this image. It's very vibrant yet sad at the same time. Very good!

"WEI YING!"

You jumped when you heard Lan Zhan screaming the name of his lover out loud. When you saw what had happened with him, you were shocked.

Wei Ying was falling down the huge chasm that Wen Chao had said the monster was in. He looked scared, and Lan Zhan looked terrified. You stood still in shock, watching as his body fell limply to the ground. Powerlessly, you watched as Lan Zhan shook with terror. You couldn't move, you couldn't do anything.

Thump!

The loud sound of a body hitting the ground made you jump, and you could finally move. You rushed to the side of the chasm and looked to see if Wei Ying was injured, but you couldn't see through the thick mists.

"Wei Ying! My Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan screamed.

As you watched, the second young master of Gusu threw himself down into the chasm after his lover.

And you jumped down after them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you opened your eyes, you noticed Lan Zhan panicking over Wei Ying, who hadn't regained consciousness yet.

"Please... don't leave me," he was sobbing.

"Wangji, he's not going to leave you!" you said. "He's just unconscious."

In a panic, Lan Zhan felt for Wei Ying's pulse. When he felt it beating, he sighed deeply in relief.

"You're right, Y/N," he said. "I just panic a lot. Every time he gets injured, it's like a part of my heart breaks as well."

"Ah, so you're in love with him," you said.

The very idea of that made Lan Zhan blush. However, he knew that it was true- he was in love with Wei Ying, he was just too shy to say it.

"Y-yes... he's very beautiful, and kind, and happy, and-"

You laughed at how much Lan Zhan sounded like a teenage girl when he discussed Wei Ying. That was how you could truly tell if he loved someone- when he became awkward when talking about them.

"Why don't you confess to him? I'm sure he loves you too, and he's just waiting to hear you say it," you said.

"C-confess!" Lan Zhan howled, his cheeks beet red and his eyes not meeting yours. "How am I to confess- I've never been in love with someone like this before."

"Let me show you," you said. "First you place your arms around him, like so."

You wrapped your arms around Lan Zhan and held him close to your chest. You felt his heart beating a mile a minute. He was shy and scared. That wasn't good. He needed to be assertive when he faced Wei Ying and confessed to him.

"Don't be shy. You need to assert yourself when you're confessing your love to someone. Push your chest out and hold your head up high!" you said.

Lan Zhan did what you said, and it didn't turn out very well. He looked like an awkward penguin.

"Alright, maybe that's not a good idea," you said. "Just stand straight like you usually do, and speak confidently to me."

"What do I say?" Lan Zhan asked.

You slid your hands up to his waist and let them linger there. His blush was getting darker and darker by the minute, he truly was flustered.

"Wei Ying," you said, making your voice as deep and soulful as possible. "You are the only one I will ever love, my handsome one. Will you be my lover?"

You heard Lan Zhan start to cough, and red blood flowed rapidly from his mouth. Not knowing that that was what happened to Lans when they were emotional, you began to panic, and grabbed him tightly, pressing his chest to feel his heartbeat.

He grabbed your hand and gasped, "I'm fine. You were just... very flirtatious. I didn't expect that."

"That's how you need to be," you told him. "Knock Wei Ying right off his feet!"

"I don't want to hurt him!" Lan Zhan exclaimed, sounding appalled at the mere thought of being violent with the man he loved.

"It's a figure of speech," you said, rolling your eyes. "Goodness, do you Lans know nothing?"

"We know very much, thank you!" Lan Zhan retorted. Then he hesitantly added, "But not how to flirt. That's new to me."

You heard a quiet moan, and turned to where Wei Ying was opening his eyes and regaining consciousness. You quickly skipped away into the darkness and gave the suddenly shy Lan Zhan a smile.

"Remember- knock him off his feet!" you said.

"Where... am... I?" Wei Ying groaned.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan cried out, throwing his arms around the man he loved and making him groan in pain again. "Wei Ying, I love you so much! You're handsome, kind, and everything I've ever wanted! Will you be my lover?"

Wei Ying stood there, enveloped in Lan Zhan's warm embrace, confusion in his eyes.

Lan Zhan looked down at his feet, hurt that Wei Ying hadn't responded.

But then he was shocked by the electric feeling of Wei Ying's lips touching his, and the heavy feeling of the man he loved pushing him to the ground and loving him passionately, and rather violently.

"You are the love of my life, Lan Zhan," Wei Ying said between kisses. "I will certainly be your lover, for now and for all eternity."

In the shadows, you smiled.

Your goal had been accomplished.