✧Xingqiu- Seeking Foolishly✧

A/N- A (not too) dramatic sounding title for our drama, book loving boy! Xingqiu is just so beautiful to me, I don't know why. I guess I'm just a sucker for men who love books and literature- plus his hairstyle and everything about him is so elegant I just can't- also I'm going to be making a new original character just for this oneshot, I'll add her to the book of original characters later to write for her more if I like her.

Trigger warning- talks of abuse/suicidal thoughts and death. I'll add notations when bad moments start if you want to skip them.

BEING THE HEIR to a huge fortune had its benefits and drawbacks. You knew this more than anyone. Your family, the L/N clan, was a very rich family from Inazuma that had immigrated to Liyue when you were only a babe in arms, so you knew nothing of the country you were born in. Your parents would tell you stories of the springtime there, the most beautiful season, when the sakura trees would bloom and everyone would collect blossoms- young women and girls would take them to put in their hair or in their bedroom, and young men and boys would take them to woo women or girls with. You loved the descriptions of nature in Inazuma, and always wanted to return there as an adult.

But then tragedy struck.

Your mother, after giving birth to your younger sister, a slip of a girl named Hua Yue, died.

A/N- Mentions of abuse start here.

And your father, who had always been so firm and steadfast in everything, from his beliefs to the way he treated you- never striking you as a punishment and never lashing out at you- sunk into a deep pit of depression. He took to drinking as a way to relieve his stress, and ended up beating you up harshly when he returned home. You got scars on your back from the metal-tipped nine-tailed whip he used to beat you, and one night you saw him standing over five-year-old Hua Yue's bed and threatening to slit her throat if she didn't stop crying about how much she missed her mother.

A/N- Mentions of abuse end here.

You were shocked by the way your father treated you and your younger sister, but you could do nothing about it. You were still a child, after all. So you waited and painfully endured it for many years, until you turned sixteen. Then you took Hua Yue, who was ten, and ran off to Liyue Harbor, the capital city. You heard rumors of your father searching for you, but he never found you, and eventually you heard nothing more about him. You assumed he had died, and felt no sadness at that.

When you first moved to Liyue Harbor, you were walking around the city when you saw a young man sitting at the Liuli Pavilion. Judging by his clothing, he looked rich, and you hesitated to approach him as the fear of your father was burned into your mind, but he looked friendly, so you ended up walking up to him and saying hello.

You were shocked to learn that this young boy was Xingqiu, the heir to the illustrious Guhua clan fortune! You didn't know that Xingqiu, who had, by all accounts and gossip, a very protective family, would be allowed to hang around outside in public without any guards. You also didn't expect such a sheltered boy to be so friendly. However, when you began to speak to him, you were pleasantly surprised to find out that he was quite friendly.

Your conversation went something along these lines:

"Hello there! I just noticed you and thought you looked pretty! My name is L/N Y/N, what's yours?"

"Thanks for the compliment, my liege! My name is Xingqiu, of the Guhua clan. It's a pleasure to meet you, beautiful one!"

Judging by the way he spoke, you knew that Xingqiu was well read. He used book-like words in everyday conversation, which was a bit weird but also quite attractive. And to know that he was from the Guhua clan but referred to you as 'my liege...' did he know of your noble origins?