✧Jin Ling- Hatred✧

A/N- I'm not good at writing Jin Ling, so sorry if I do badly! This was requested so I'm especially sorry if it isn't great, I don't really know his personality very well. Hopefully you guys like it :)

JIN LING DESPISED his uncle Wei Wuxian for killing his father. How could the coward, the fool, the son of a servant that was Wei Wuxian kill Jin Zixuan, a lord of the Jin clan? How dare he draw his sword on such a noble man?

As the days passed, his resentment grew, and it got to the point where he couldn't even look Wei Wuxian in the eyes without wanting to hurt him. He knew his kind mother, Jiang Yanli, the sworn sister of Wuxian, wouldn't approve of his hatred for him, even though he killed his father, but she was dead, so it wasn't like she could stop him. She could only judge him from heaven, and heavenly judgement wasn't scary at all to the strong and confident Jin Ling.

When the warmth of summer came, the annual conference at Cloud Recesses was held, and invitations were sent out. Jin Ling went with his paternal uncle Jiang Cheng, representing the Jin clan. Wei Wuxian lived at Cloud Recesses with his husband Lan Zhan, so Jin was aware that he would see his uncle again for the first time in a long time.

His paternal uncle Jiang Cheng- who he considered his only legitimate uncle since he and Yanli were brothers were blood- urged him not to pick fights with Wei Wuxian or Wen Ning, who had cooperated in killing his father, but Ling had a hot temper, and he wouldn't be coerced to do anything he didn't want to do. And he wanted to hate Wei Wuxian. He wanted to kill Wei Wuxian.

The journey to Cloud Recesses was long, and it exhausted him. But when he was welcomed by Lan Xichen and saw Lan Wangji by his side, he knew that Wei Wuxian couldn't be far behind. Because of this knowledge, he hid his weakness and exhaustion, greeting everyone with a smile and a friendly bow, until he reached his enemy.

When he spotted his nephew, Wei Wuxian smiled a huge smile and gave the boy a polite bow. However, he was saddened when Jin Ling brushed by him and said some rude words about his parentage. How could his own nephew hate him so much? What had he done to make him feel this way?

After a long lesson, Jin Ling was exhausted. His uncle Jiang Cheng kindly allowed him to go to the room he was given and sleep. As soon as his head hit the pillow, he fell asleep, and dreamed dreams of his father being killed and his mother lying on the ground bleeding out helplessly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jin Rulan," a voice said gently. "May I talk to you, Rulan?"

Hearing his courtesy name being called, Jin Ling's eyes snapped open immediately. He was shocked and rather angry to see his uncle Wei Wuxian standing over his bed with tears in his eyes. He got out from under the covers and stood up, not honoring the man with a bow, but rather just standing still and glaring at him.

"What do you want, uncle?" he snapped, saying the title with as much contempt and venom in his voice as possible. "Choose your words carefully."

"Jin Ling... I'm sorry you hate me," Wei Wuxian sobbed. "I love you so much. Please, don't hate me anymore..."

"You killed my father, you bastard! How do you expect me not to hate you?" Jin Ling screamed.

"Jin Zixuan, that damned peacock," Wei Wuxian chuckled. "As vain and foolish as he was, he didn't deserve his fate. I had to kill him. It was a necessary sacrifice. I hate myself for it even now..."

"My father was not foolish! He was a great man! How dare you insult him, you... you cut-sleeve!"

Wei Wuxian burst into sobs at that nickname, which was absolutely not what Jin Ling was expecting. He was used to bullying people until they cried, but adults never cried, so seeing one cry, especially one who was renowned for being so strong, was a shock to him.

"I-I'm sorry," Wuxian sobbed. "I-I di-didn't mean i-it... I-I'm sorry."

"Uncle..." you said, saying his name softly for the first time in your life. "Why are you crying, Uncle?"

"Y-you're right... I-I'm just a f-fool... I-I'm sorry," Wuxian sobbed.

"You're a fighter, uncle," Jin Ling said, feeling thoroughly weirded out now. "Everyone I know says you're a fighter, and strong, and all that. So how are you crying? Is my father's death really that tragic to you?"

"You were.. you were so young... s-so young... and I killed your family..." Wuxian murmured.

"If you're really this sad over it, really this guilty, I'll forgive you. Seeing a member of my family cry hurts me," Jin Ling said.

"Y-you will?" Wuxian sniffed.

"Mhm, I will. As long as you're sorry," Jin Ling repeated.

Wei Wuxian threw his arms around his nephew and sobbed onto his shoulder.

"I love you, nephew," he said.

"I love you too... uncle," Ling responded.

A/N- I feel like this is really bad... I hope the person who requested this doesn't hate me for this oneshot. I don't know Jin Ling's character, and normally I wouldn't write him, but you requested it so I thought I might as well. I hope you enjoyed it at least a little... sorry if it's not written well!