✧Hua Cheng- Innocence✧

A/N- You're female in this one shot.

YOU DIDN'T KNOW that your trip to your wedding would be your last trip you would ever take in your life.

How could you know? After all, your family had assured you that you were protected from the Ghost Bridegroom- a malicious ghost that had been stealing brides in the forest you were going to pass through- by the martial arts professionals that were guarding your sedan chair. Your family was rich, after all. They had the money to hire the best protectors for their precious youngest daughter.

However, even those protectors couldn't face the enemy that would be attacking you soon. You took all the precautions against the Ghost Bridegroom, showing no emotion behind your veil and sitting perfectly still, not even moving your legs if they were uncomfortable in the small crowded space of the chair. But the enemy that would end up abducting you wouldn't be the infamous Ghost Bridegroom, but rather a playful ghost king by the name of Hua Cheng.

Hua Cheng enjoyed young girls like you. He would put them to work in his mansion, and if they were good, he would reward them with kisses, gentle caresses, and sweet words. However, if they disobeyed him, he would do terrible things to them. Hua Cheng's mansion was a place where innocent girls went to be turned into monsters. However, you knew nothing about this place. Your family and tutors had never told you about it, which meant there was no way you would know anything of the sort about it.

You heard the sounds of someone screaming outside, and began to panic. Was it the Ghost Bridegroom? Was he being hurt? Judging by the sounds, it was multiple men who were being beaten. You were terrified of this, as you knew that your protectors were losing to whoever it was that was attacking them. You curled up in a little ball, grasping the hem of your hanfu like an anchor holding onto the sands of a beach, to keep yourself from sinking into worry and panic. Whatever was out there, you would face it like the elegant woman you were, and not like a panicking fool.

A pale hand reached through the curtains of the sedan chair and took your hand. He pulled at you, and you exited the chair, holding tightly onto the hand that was leading you. It belonged to a man with long black hair, wearing an eye patch over one brown eye.He was wearing a simple red hanfu, and he had a silver butterfly necklace hanging down to his chest. His smile disarmed all the wolves and dangerous things in the area, which made you believe that he was quite powerful indeed.

He crushed a skull under his foot, and that seemingly inconsequential action broke a barrier that was making it impossible for the both of you to continue walking together, blocking you from moving forward. He led you through the forest, and stopped in a clearing that seemed to be near the exit of the forest. In this clearing, an old brick mansion was standing, covered in vines and fenced in by debris. You grabbed your skirt and tried to jump over the debris, but you ended up tripping over a piece and falling towards the ground.

You felt the man's arms wrap around you, one around your waist, the other one around your shoulders and neck, and suddenly, you were no longer falling, but being held in his strong arms. A blush coated your cheeks- the man was quite handsome, and you were thankful that he had rescued you, but you did have a fiance to return to to get married with. You had to escape his arms and explain to him that you were going to get married, so you had to go.

"Sir, please put me down," you said, addressing him politely to try and prod him into letting you go.

"No. If I let you go, you'll just fall again," he said. "Plus, I love the way your body feels in my arms. You're slender though. I can feel your bones. No matter. I shall feed you well when you become my servant."

"Your servant? I am a noblewoman, sir, and I refuse to serve anyone but myself," you responded, still speaking in the proper way you were educated to speak in.

"Ah, you are egotistic then. I see. I love it when women are headstrong. But even that quality of you will be broken soon. Everything about you will be broken. But first... your innocence."

You were terrified by that statement, and tried to get out of his arms and run away. He dug his long black-painted fingernails into your arm, making you bleed and scream out in pain, and then he laughed at your pain.

"Foolish young girl," he said. "You are trapped here with me forever."

And with that, you fell into a faint.

When you woke up, you were lying in an exquisite looking bed, with Hua Cheng asleep next to you.

It only took one look at the sheets and the state of your body for you to know what the monster of a man had done to you while you were unconscious. You cursed yourself for your weakness, then started to cry.

He woke up when he heard your cries, and smiled at your suffering once again.

"It is as I have told you," he said. "Your innocence is gone. Nobody will ever accept you anymore, even that fiance you love so much. Your only chance of redemption is through serving me. Now, do you consent to that?"

You hung your head in shame and responded, "Yes. I will serve you faithfully until I die, my lord."

"You're a good girl, Y/N. A very good girl."