𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴

☼

That night, Anya stays in the lounge with a blanket across her lap and a film playing on the television. The tower sleeps.

When she hears a noise, Anya jerks to the left in alert. Thor holds his arms up in defense, and she just sighs.

"Lady Anya." Thor clears his throat and approaches her. "Do you mind if I join you?"

She shakes her head and makes room for the sofa. Thor sits next to her. "Are you okay?"

"A bit conflicted with the way my brother is behaving. I'm not quite sure how he managed to keep his magic, or why our father is allowing it. Surely, he is aware of Loki's magic." Thor exhales tiredly.

"Well, he tried reading my mind when we first met, but that didn't work. I don't think he had them for long." Anya reassures him.

"Yes, that is my assumption as well. Which is why I am confused as to why he has never used his magic once. Until the attack earlier." Thor shakes his head. "He helped save our friends, Anya."

She musters a weak smile. "Isn't that a good thing?"

"I wish to believe it, but my brother is known for his deception." Thor returns her weak smile. "His motives always vary from time to time."

"Do you think he's trying to help us now?"

"Oh, yes, I do. With this, I believe him." Thor says with no hesitance.

"Why?"

"The only way I return to Asgard is if I have the scepter with me. I cannot go home without it, which means I cannot deliver Loki's letters to our mother. Someone he dearly loves and misses terribly."

Their mother? Anya softens, and a wave of surprise washes over her. "I thought, um... I thought your mother, um..."

Thor nods. "Our mother is gone, but Loki still wishes to do something for her. You see, our father made him leave even before he visited the falls where our mother was sent off." He avoids her eyes, as if ashamed of his own father's decisions. "So, he writes. It's all he does during his time here. Because... ever since our mother died, Loki has been feeling much lower than before. I believe these letters will ease him. I... I must take them to Asgard." Thor nods. "Loki will help us. That, I know."

Anya gives him a sad smile. When she saw Loki today, she didn't think he was writing to his deceased mother. Her smile fades a bit. "I hope you're right."

Thor smiles, nodding at her again. They sit together in comfortable conversation. Thor would ask her about the film she is watching and Anya would explain it to him. Thor listens with fascination and claims to bring these films to Asgard as well.

When Thor stands to retire, Anya asks him one question.

"What did Loki mean that I can channel the sun's energy? I've never done that before."

Thor sucks in a breath, smiling a bit. "I'm afraid you are going to have to ask him. You see, I have more knowledge when it comes to physical combat. Loki is the one you turn to if it involves the mystic arts."

Anya chuckles dryly. "I don't use magic."

"My brother seems to disagree."

Those were Thor's last words before he leaves her in order to rest. Anya stays up until the sun peeks through the windows.

note: loki loved frigga so much, it physically hurts me :(

also, since the dark world happened before age of ultron here, that also means that jane foster is staying with thor so thor is barely around the tower. so... thor came to the tower just to talk to anya 👀