𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲: 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦

☼

Loki runs after her and reaches for her arm, but Anya jerks her hand back and keeps walking. "Anya, please talk to me."

She faces him. "You've been pardoned since Thor's party? And you didn't tell me?"

"I was... I was waiting for the right time."

Anya's brows slant downwards in frustration. "The party was weeks ago. You had plenty of time!"

"Please know that I do not plan to leave you. I will not join them on whatever quest they insist on having me tag along. Anya, I swear to you in my heart—"

Anya stops him by lifting a hand. "You think I'm angry because I don't want you to leave? Loki, I'm angry at you for choosing me over Asgard!"

Loki stares at her with astonishment. "What?"

"You could go home. Finally visit your mother's grave. Be with your people. And you're tossing all of that away for me?" She gives him a look of disbelief. 

Loki softens and he reaches for her elbows to lull her close. "And I'd do more, Anya. So much more. You must know that by now."

She pulls away, shakily sighing as she turns her back on him. "This isn't right. I shouldn't be keeping you here. It's too selfish of me. Things would have been fine if you were still banished—"

"Oh, so now that I am not, you shall toss me aside then?" Loki seethes. "All this time, you've been anticipating my pardon, because you think I would leave you the minute I'm allowed back on Asgard? Is that really what you think?" He raises his voice.

"I'm just telling you to open your eyes. I've been thinking about this for a while now..."

"Oh, have you, now?" Loki's face twists with anger.

"You belong with other Gods. That is what you deserve."

"I'm happy here, Anya. I'm happy here with you, why can't you accept that!"

"Because we both know it's not going to last!" She yells at him, pushing on his hard chest. Loki stares at her in bewilderment. "You're going to be there for all of my life, and I won't get be there for all of yours. And I just realized how I don't want to do that to you."

Loki's anger increases. "That is exactly the mindset I had before we even began this, and now you are saying the same? What, did we switch perspectives?"

Anya winces. "No. We didn't. I just... I had my eyes opened."

His lips curl with fury. "Do you think you are not worth all the risks I've taken? Is that how little you view yourself?"

"Don't twist this on me."

"Fine. You think that I would leave you just because of old friends who request my presence? As if you're no more than a common bedmaid I've used only to warm my nights during my exile? Do you truly think so little of me?" The hurt was clear on Loki's face.