𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘣𝘭𝘶𝘦

☼

Anya gasps and goes to Mobius' side. "Oh, God. I'm sorry I didn't see that you were hurt." She looks at Tony. "Help me get him to the infirmary. Please."

Loki is still stood frozen, just watching Mobius in shock. Tony nods at Anya. "FRIDAY, send some people to the infirmary and here. Small green? Come on, help me get him up."

Loki blinks and finally moves, going to Mobius. "What happened to you?"

"It's gone. All the hunters... they're scattered across the multiverse." Mobius pants, still clutching his bloodied stomach.

"What's gone? Mobius?" Loki asks, but Mobius slowly falls limp in their arms.

How does Mobius even remember him?

They bring him to the infirmary and the nurses take care of him while Tony, Loki and Anya wait outside.

Loki looks too concerned over him, and Anya approaches him. "You know this guy?"

He glances at Anya with intense eyes. "He's one of the TVA agents. The only one I trusted."

Anya gapes, clutching her chest. Loki follows the movement of her hand, and she absentmindedly holds onto her necklace. "He said a name. Kang. He said that he was coming. What does that mean?"

"Anya..." Loki turns his body to face Anya and Stark. "There is something I haven't yet imparted with you."

"What is it?"

Without thinking, Loki takes her hands into his. "Listen to me. Something much bigger than any of you have faced will come dawning into all realms."

Tony knots his brows together. "Like what?"

"The Multiversal war."

Anya and Tony just stare at him, still not understanding.

Loki clenches his jaw. "Whatever brought Mobius here, it has something to do with—"

"A war?" Anya bursts out with fury. "And you didn't think to mention this when we were in Sokovia?"

Tony slowly backs away, and Loki notices but he remains in his place. "I didn't think it would make much a difference."

Anya's face twists in shock. "Why? Because I'm human? We're all humans? We won't make a difference? I should remind you that humans are the reasons why the whole universe got its other half back—"

"Anya..." Tony begins, reaching over to place his hand on her shoulder. "Deep breaths."

She pulls away from Tony to walk towards Loki, who still isn't moving and only follows her movement with his eyes. "What is it that you're planning exactly? What is the war about? Who are we all up against?"

"I have no idea."

Anya dryly laughs. "Oh, Christ. You are so fucking irritating! I just—!" She flails her arms around. "I just wish you never came back!"