𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥

☼

"What's one thing you like about Earth?"

Weeks later, Loki and Anya sit together on the floor. Neither of them brought up their kiss, only because they both think that the other does not want to discuss it at all—when actually, it was all they both could think of.

Loki opens his eyes to look at Anya. "I thought I advised you to focus."

"It's weird to stay quiet." Anya says with her eyes closed.

Loki smiles at her. "We're supposed to be exercising the Winter Soldier program from your body."

It took Loki a few days to fully understand the program. He asked Steve and Natasha about it just so he could be more educated about the topic. In turn, it helps Loki understand Anya more. Natasha and Steve were very accommodating, since they do want Anya to be free from HYDRA.

Although, it wasn't easy to dissect Anya's mind to remove any control from HYDRA. Her mind is complex and made up of different synapses that Loki has never seen in a human mind before.

They were both close to fully removing the program from her, and the taste of freedom feels so near to her yet still out of reach.

"Yeah, but this is more fun."

Loki exhales and lowers his hands from the air, and the green glow of his magic around Anya's head vanishes. "Why do you want to know what I like about Midgard?"

"Well, you've been here for almost a year. Surely you like something here." Anya shrugs. "And Midgard? Do you really still call it that?"

"What's wrong with Midgard?"

"It's Earth."

"Earth is such a boring term. Midgard feels more mystical." Loki smirks.

"Earth feels warm and lovely, how dare you?" Anya chuckles. "No, come on. Seriously. Tell me one thing you like about Earth."

"Hm... I do like the Shakespeare plays. Reading them are enthralling."

"Of course, you do. But Shakespeare still feels Asgardian-ish to you."

"I suppose."

"Things you like about Earth that are actually mundane. Come on."

Loki thinks for a moment, and his hand strokes his chin and lips. His brows are knotted together in thought, and she just watches him with her heart fluttering. He looks so stunning, it's unreal.

"Well... I do like the taste of coffee. We do not have that on Asgard." Loki nods. "I suppose, candies are also quite nice. We only have grapes and nuts, you humans have a variety of candies."

Anya smiles fondly at him, since Loki is taking this seriously.

"The Internet is very helpful as well. Apparently, I don't know everything. Granted, I know more about the universe than the Internet, but still." He casually boasts, making Anya roll her eyes. "I do like those machines in the training area. The platforms that work as if the ground is moving. What are they called again?"