𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘨𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦

☼

Anya and Natasha go to retrieve the cradle, and Loki goes with Steve to keep Ultron occupied in the train. When the twins come to help, Loki wasn't entirely pleased to see them.

When the train accelerates without anyone driving, Loki walks forward and easily stops the train with a few incantations.

Loki glances at the Maximoff girl who looks amazed by his abilities. Loki is panting slightly. "You have much to learn, little witch. First and foremost should be which side you are on."

Meanwhile, the cradle is delivered safely to Stark, with a certain complication. Upon returning to the ship, Loki notices how Natasha is in distress, and a certain woman is missing from the team.

"Where's Anya?" Steve asks in confusion.

"She was taken just before we got here," Natasha grabs a parachute and straps it into herself. Loki feels his fists clench. "I'm going after her." She says.

"Where? We don't know where Ultron would take her." Steve follows her.

Natasha appears so frightened. "I'll let the bots capture me. They're bound to put me where she is."

"I'll look for her." Loki offers with his head held high. "And I will return her to you as soon as I can." The others watch him in hesitation, so Loki adds more. "I can find her using the connection we have built using the sun. All of you must get to Stark and stop whatever it is he is planning."

Natasha goes to Loki with a worried yet immovable expression. "Find her, and bring her back in one piece, do you understand?" She hands him a bottle of water.

Loki stores the bottle in his pocket-dimension. "Crystal clear, Agent Romanoff." He reassures, and Natasha nods.

They open the entrance of the ship, and Loki uses his magic to glide himself down to the ground. He disguises himself as a random individual and concentrates on the faint invisible string connecting him and Anya before he follows it.

***

Anya stirs awake in a dark room, and she sits up in alarm.

"I wasn't sure you'd wake up. I wanted to show you. I... don't have anyone else," the familiar robotic voice makes her lift her head.

"You sound pretty lonely, for someone who wants to destroy the world. I wonder why that is." She weakly sits up, bracing her hands to him to blast him with fire.

However, nothing but sparks of energy pumps from her hands. Anya stares at her palms in horror before Ultron chuckles. "I scanned your file. Apparently, water consumption affects how your fire works. It seems that our kinds work the same. We both run on gasoline." He jests.

Anya weakly coughs, feeling how dry her mouth is. "Me and robots like you have a lot more in common than that."

"Right, right. We've both been controlled by our creators, haven't we? We'll always be bound to them forever." Ultron sighs. "I'm nothing like Tony Stark, but that is what everyone will think unless I evolve."