𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘴

☼

The next morning, Loki wakes up to a calming smell of what seems to be human breakfast. It was odd because it reached the room he slept in, as if the tantalizing smell seeped through the cracks of the door. He sits up and stretches his limbs, realizing how much he actually needed the sleep.

Once Loki arrives at the kitchen, he sees Anya with her back turned as she stirs something in a pot. Loki observes her form, and notices how she is wearing short frilly pants and a tight shirt. He flushes at the sight of her form, and is almost horrified by how physically attracted he is to her. 

Loki feels his throat tighten over how he was practically ogling her backside, and he averts his eyes. "Good morning."

She jumps in surprise, and ends up flinging the spoon she is holding. Out of instinct, Loki's reaches his hand up and the wooden spoon glows green as it stops moving. Slowly, it glides its way back to Anya, where she awkwardly takes it from the hold of his magic.

"Two magical people in my house that can move things with their mind. That's some getting used to," she murmurs, and Loki musters a smile. "Again."

She glances at his clothes, and could feel her own throat tightening at the sight of him wearing his old clothes again. He looks like he hasn't changed a bit, and it sends a chill down her spine.

"I apologize for startling you."

"It's fine, I was lost in my thoughts. I should've heard you come in." She shrugs casually, trying her best to act normal despite how Loki practically came back from the dead. "But, you know... still not used to hearing your voice." She chuckles nervously, pointing at him as if she is joking around.

"Do you both normally cook during every meal?" Loki observes her cooking.

"Um... well, yeah. I can't exactly order food. People would need to come here and deliver us food."

Loki pretends to know what ordering food means in Midgardian terms. "And what would be so horrible in ordering?"

"Cooking is much better. I enjoy it." She takes a plate and places some food into a bowl before settling it in front of Loki.

Then, she places a few minced leaves on top of the thick soup, and places her hands on the edge of the counter. Loki slowly takes his seat and quietly thanks Anya when she hands him a spoon. She places a cup of coffee next to the bowl, too.

Loki hesitantly tastes the food and immediately feels the need to moan at the pleasant taste on his tongue, but he bites it back. 

However, Anya notices it and forms a smile. Oh, so he really wasn't lying back then. "Good, huh?"

Loki nods casually. "Yes. It is not so bad."

Anya chuckles and turns around to clean her area, and while she's not looking, Loki greedily continues to eat his breakfast and coffee. His eyes are practically rolling to the back of his head. This meal is much better than what Wanda made last night, and Loki has never tasted anything like it. It's odd how this is only breakfast. Loki keeps wondering what else this human can cook for lunch and dinner.

After Loki practically licks his bowl clean, he glances around the kitchen. "Where is Miss Maximoff?"

Anya meets his eyes for a moment, but looks away to go through the refrigerator. "Oh, she's usually asleep in the morning."

"Don't you humans tend to wake up at this hour?"

Humans. Ugh, Anya despised being called that. She needs to remind herself that this is a Loki who has never met her. "Yeah, but Wanda prefers sleeping in the morning. I just let her. She likes to, um... read at night."

Loki narrows his eyes, but he doesn't feel like Anya is lying to him. She is telling the truth, however, Loki wonders if Anya only chose the right words. In a way, she does know Loki and probably his ability to detect dishonesty. He is the God of Lies after all.

"Hm... alright. Then, do you have plans today?"

"Well, I was going to get some groceries. You know, stock up on some food before Thor comes tomorrow. He eats a lot and tries to be polite when he says he isn't hungry anymore when all the food is gone," she smiles. "It's better to have too much food than to not have enough, you know?"

Loki forms a small smile, knowing what she means. Thor has a certain type of hunger when it comes to food. Loki sometimes cannot figure out how a being could be as hungry as he is. "Hm. I understand."

"But I can always do that tomorrow. It's not everyday that my dead boyfriend comes back to life," she dryly jokes before realizing what she said. "I mean... you're not my boyfriend. You were never my boyfriend, we didn't really... I didn't mean... oh, God—"

"It's fine," Loki reassures with an entertained smile, entertained by how easily she feels embarrassed.

And he feels amused by such a Midgardian term. Boyfriend is such a strange word to describe someone's lover.

Not wanting to embarrass her any further, he changes the subject. "You can go have your, erm... groceries. I'm only wondering if you can trust me with your house. Or to stay here."

She relaxes from the change of subject. "I think Wanda can handle herself quite well if you ever try anything," Anya raises her brows at him as if warning him not to do anything stupid while she is gone.

Loki lets out a surprised chuckle, nodding. This human is quite amusing. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind."

"You should. I know you and what you can do, but Wanda can definitely take you on," she smirks. "She has before." Anya subtly lies, which he immediately picks up on.

"Hm, I highly doubt that." Loki mirrors her mischievous smirk, and she can feel her stomach flipping. Christ, it was surreal to even be face-to-face with him again.

Anya just had to resist the urge to reach over and touch him. Grab his cheeks and pull him down to kiss his sweet lips. Wrap her arms around him and never let go. It was so incredibly difficult to push all those thoughts to the back of her head.

She keeps reminding herself, this is not your Loki. He doesn't know who you are, despite the fact that you know everything there is to know about him. He doesn't know you, despite how you know which spots on his body you can kiss and bite to make him moan and writhe underneath you. He doesn't know you, despite the fact that you have seen him in every single vulnerable position possible to a God. He doesn't know you, despite the fact that every single part of him reminds you of your own Loki.

Anya forces herself to leave, and Loki watches her drive away using the vehicle in the garage. Once she is gone, the doors suddenly close and the sound makes Loki stumble back in surprise. He turns around and sees Wanda levitating from the ground with her eyes glowing red. As a defense, Loki immediately tries to manifest his daggers, but nothing comes out of his palms.

With wide eyes, Loki stares at his hands before looking back at Wanda. He notices the ancient runes appearing on each wall he sees, and Loki spins around to observe them, recognizing each one. He raises his brows, impressed. Loki now definitely wants to meet whoever taught her magic. They must be remarkable. 

"I saw what you did at the citadel. You and that other Loki. She killed someone, someone very important." Wanda's tone is menacing and angry. "And it just so happens that something else happened to me the moment she killed him." She flicks her wrist, and a sudden pressure wraps around Loki's limbs. "And I need you to answer my questions."

Loki stares at her with surprise, lips parting now that he has put the pieces together. "Norns... you're the Scarlet Witch."