𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘴

☼

The former Avengers look genuinely puzzled to see the four people in Asgardian armor approaching the building with confident strides.

Loki walks to the entrance where the Avengers were, and he too looked in confusion but with a deep feeling of longingness. Upon seeing Loki, the others offer a smile.

"Loki, who are they?"

"These are my... these are Thor's friends."

Tony grants them access inside by telling FRIDAY to open the doors, and all four of them enter while looking around the place.

"Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg." Loki nods at them in astonishment. His eyes fall to the other woman, and he nods with respect. "Lady Sif."

"Loki," she looks relieved and walks to him just to gives him a warm embrace, paired with a pleased smile, too.

Loki is surprised, but he smiles and returns the embrace. This seemed to be a nice change, considering the fact that the last time he saw Lady Sif, she was threatening to kill him if he betrays Thor.

When she pulls away, a worried expression replaces her smile. "Where is Thor?"

"He is with Jane Foster in New Mexico. If you seek him, I can escort you there myself."

Fandral steps forward. "We do not seek only him, but you as well. Thor was meant to take you back to Asgard upon his return here, as per your father's decision to pardon you." He gives Loki a pleased smile. "We've been expecting you for weeks!"

The other Avengers glance at one another with confusion, and Loki looks at them in the corner of his eye. He looks back at Lady Sif, who grows puzzled. "I am aware of the fact that my father pardoned me, but I've made the decision to stay here."

Volstagg laughs, but stops when he notices the serious expression on Loki's face. Lady Sif tilts her head. "But... you get to come home. You can visit the falls where the Queen was sent off. You can still return to Midgard when it suits you."

"Unless Odin forces me stay."

The others glance at one another with hesitation. Volstagg sighs. "Yes, about that... I think we should head to your brother now to discuss this properly."

"I hate to break the party, but..." Tony finally speaks up and the Asgardians look at him. "Who are you all again?"

The elevator dings and Anya steps out to join them. Loki nervously glances at her, but keeps his gaze at the other Asgardians among them.

Volstagg smiles. "Oh, where are our manners? Hello, lovely Midgardians! Lady Sif, and the Warriors Three." He happily chimes.

Anya immediately looks at the woman with dark hair and stunning features. Anya recognized her from Loki's memories. Her own face falls for a moment upon seeing the way Lady Sif is holding onto Loki's arm.

"Yeah. Tony Stark. Iron Man. Former Avenger. Nice to meet you. And you came here because...?"

"My dear Midgardian, we were sent here to see if there is an issue, and other things that are private to the Crown only." Lady Sif says. "Thor was sent here because our King has pardoned Loki of his crimes against your realm, and is allowed to come home."

Anya's lips part with surprise, and she looks at Loki. He hesitantly meets her gaze and sees her heartbroken eyes.

"Loki, we must fetch your brother and leave for Asgard immediately." Fandral tugs him forward, but Loki pulls away with an concerned expression.

"Must we leave in such a hurry?"

The Asgardians give each other confused gazes. Fandral shrugs at Volstagg while Lady Sif looks at Hogun with concern.

"The Warriors Three never sees time as something to waste. We must go." Volstagg insists.

Loki's breaths grow heavier as his anxiety builds. "Give me five minutes. Only five." Loki asserts, and his wide eyes go to Anya. She shakes her head and backs away before walking off somewhere. His heart drops as he exhales shakily. "No. No, wait. Anya. Anya!" Loki pushes past the former Avengers to go after her.

Tony widens his eyes at how Loki quickly sprints after Anya. Rhodey glances at Sam, who shrugs in surprise. Wanda and Vision exchange concerned looks.

The other Avengers follow them with their confused eyes. Natasha looked anxious and tried to follow them, but Wanda stops her. "Wait, Nat. We shouldn't..."

"You knew about this?" Natasha pulls her arm away from Wanda, giving her a look of irritation.

Vision steps forward. "In our defense, Agent Romanoff, your sister asked us to be discreet."

Natasha's eyes widen. "Discreet about... about her dating Loki? Are you two serious? I mean... we all saw you two coming, but not them." She rambles and glances at the four Asgardians, who look just as in disbelief upon slowly realizing something about Loki. Natasha grips her hair in frustration. "And now, my sister is-is-is... sleeping with Loki?"

"It isn't like that," Wanda immediately says. "Well... not just that," she quietly adds and Natasha grimaces before rolling her eyes and turn away. "But Loki loves Anya. Nat, they're in love."

A quiet gasp leaves the lips of Lady Sif. Fandral softens, Volstagg's eyes could have popped out of their sockets, and Hogun couldn't move from how surprised he was.

Natasha's face twists with a worried and defeated expression. "Anya has been through so much, and she is still trying to move forward from every horrible event she went through." Natasha glances at the other Avengers and the Asgardians. "What does Anya know about love?"

note: next chapter is the last chapter for act one. onto act two next! leave a comment while you're here <3