𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲: 𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘰

☼

In LAVO, Anya lies on the ground with her wrists and ankles bound, and her cheeks are stained with tears. Weak sobs exit her chest as she begs Jonathan to stop.

"Okean, Elegantnost," he keeps reciting, and Anya can feel her body shift.

"Stop," she breathes out, and her body tenses.

"Tsarstvennyy, Iyun," Jonathan approaches her, and the faces of the other people in the club are beginning to blur out.

"Please," she whimpers out. "I... I don't want to kill anyone. Please don't make me." Anya closes her eyes and her body falls limp.

He ignores her pleas. "Ozero, Muzy—"

Anya notices how he stops talking, and a wet squelch cuts him off. Anya just waits for something to happen. But nothing does.

When she opens her eyes, her vision is unclear. The flashing neon lights around her continues to dance through the room, but only one person is standing in the middle of the nightclub. The others are on the floor.

Anyadoes her best to prop herself on her elbow, and thought she was in a dreamlike state. "Loki?"

The God of Mischief stands in the middle of the room, with his hand curled around something round. When the lights flash bright green for a split second, Anya realizes that he was holding a human heart, and his entire forearm is covered in blood.

She sees the darkness reflect on his face. The complete anger dominating his entire being. If she could focus enough, she'd be able to see how Loki is seething with fury.

Anya gasps for breath as if she was strangled, and the anger disappears from Loki's face.

Loki drops the heart on the ground with a splat, and does a sharp gesture with his hands. Instantly, the binds around Anya's limbs are torn and he helps her on her feet.

Anya stares at Loki's worried face with her wide eyes. Then, she glances behind him and briefly sees people's bodies on the floor.

He gently grabs her chin and forces her to look at him instead, turning them around so she doesn't have to see. Anya's lip wobbles and she throws her arms around his neck, sobbing into his shoulder.

His arm is still covered in blood when he returns the embrace, staining her shirt. "Shh... you're alright. You're safe."

Her entire body is shaking as she tightens her arms around him. Loki looks ahead and sees Natasha, Tony, and Wanda appear through the entrance. Tony looks at the hearts and lifeless bodies with broken necks in the middle of the silent nightclub while Natasha sprints to Anya.

The moment Anya sees her sister, she pulls away from Loki and runs to Natasha's open arms. They sink to the floor and Natasha caresses her hair gently as the girl sobs.