𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

☼

SOKOVIA
FIVE YEARS AFTER THE SNAP

Nexus events don't matter anymore.

Loki steps out of the doorway and is immediately greeted by green fields and a river nearby. There are many trees surrounding the area, but it was still peacefully clear. The air is crisp and fresh, enough for Loki to inhale deeply and be filled with relaxation. He turns around and sees a small house painted white and brown. Nearby the house, was an open garage with a vehicle inside.

A young woman is hunched over the hood, wearing a jumper and sweatpants.

He approaches her, but hesitates, looking down at his awful appearance. He immediately uses magic on himself to change into a cleaner formal shirt and pants. He fixes his hair and approaches her again.

Loki finds it ridiculous how he is nervous to meet her, why should he be? Isn't she supposed to be in love with him or something? She'd be delighted to see him.

His footsteps must have alerted her and she sharply turns around to meet his eyes, but Loki slowly turns confused. It was a different woman, an unfamiliar one, and she turns defensive but as she stares at him in shock, her hands slowly lower.

Loki tilts his head, staring at the woman with red hair and green eyes. "Hello. I'm looking for an Anastasia Romanoff."

Then suddenly, a sharp knife slices through the air and as instinct, Loki swivels to the side and avoids the blade with wide eyes, but it still cuts through his sleeve. He turns back to the other side of the garage and before he could have a clear view of the other woman, she pounces on him, pushing him to the ground before pressing her knee on his neck.

Loki looks up at the woman with wide eyes, recognizing the familiar face, a face that appears to look much better in person and up close. Although, the dangerous anger on her face was a stark contrast to the happy smile that Loki saw on screen.

"Who the hell are you?" She hisses to his face.

"Miss Romanoff..." Loki immediately holds his hands up in defense. "I mean you no harm."

The anger flashing in her eyes intimidated Loki more than any other. "Show yourself, coward. I have never seen a Skrull in my life. Did Fury send you?" She seethes.

"...Skrull? What in Odin's name are you talking about?" Loki furrows his brows. "I am most definitely not a Skrull, darling—"

The press against his throat increases as she glares at him. "Don't ever call me that. How did you find us?" She looked quite intimidating, and Loki genuinely wanted to chuckle over how he is finding it quite adorable.

"I'm not a Skrull. Whatever that is. And Fury definitely did not send me." Loki widens his eyes. "It's me. I swear to you. It is I, Loki—"

Something jolts in her body as she shakes her head. "Don't ever... say his name."