𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭

☼

Anya stumbles back upon seeing Loki thrown to the ground, looking weak and battered. She immediately goes to his side, but her hand goes straight through him.

"We found him in the dark abyss, father. Shall we put him with the others?" The woman with green skin asks.

"No." The woman with blue skin and no hair steps forward. "He can be an asset to your mission, father. Let him live."

The purple giant looks down at Loki, who wheezes out of breath. "Perhaps my daughter is right. Let him live."

Anya flinches upon hearing Loki's screams as needles would pierce his skin nights upon nights until he falls into submission. The sound of utter pain fills her ears to the point she may never hear anything else ever again, and her chest twists in repulsion. The sound of Loki's utmost agony may haunt her for the rest of her days.

Her eyes fill with tears once she hears Loki weakly sob out, "I will carry out your mission on Midgard. Just... please. I beg you... stop this."

And she watches the scepter touch his chest, with his eyes darkening. Then, a dangerous smirk forms on his face. Anya is dropped from her place and she screams, voices echoing around her.

"Sir, please. Put down the spear."

"I am Loki, of Asgard. And I am burdened with glorious purpose."

"I was a king. The rightful King of Asgard. I was betrayed."

"If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where we can't find you. You think you know pain? We'll make you long... for something sweet... as pain."

"I said... KNEEL!"

"It's the unspoken truth about humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down."

"I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness."

"I've seen worlds you've never known about! I've seen the true power of the Tesseract!"

"Who showed you this power? Who controls the would-be King?"

"I AM A KING!"

"Not here! You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream! You come home..."

"I don't have it."

"It burns you to have come so close. To have unlimited power, and for what? A warm light for all mankind."

Anya drops on her feet inside of a cage, and she stands next to Loki who wore his Asgardian suit. To her left, she sees her older sister, Natasha.

"I'll pay your little sister a quick visit as well. Splatter her blood all over you, just before I make Barton violently take your life. I'll make you two sisters watch one another die." Loki spits to Natasha through the glass with furious eyes. "This is my bargain, you mewling quim."