𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘭

☼

When Wanda vanishes, Loki is quite impressed by her abilities. Hopefully, he will get to meet the person who taught her these tricks. Loki searches for Wanda all over the house, but she was nowhere to be found. He shouldn't worry. Seeing how powerful she is, Wanda can take care of herself.

"Wanda?" He enters Anya's room, seeing a few unfinished paintings scattered around.

On her desk, there is an opened sketchbook. Loki walks up to it and sees a pen without its cap. He sighs and caps the pen, feeling a bit bothered by how untidy the human owner of the house is.

He catches a glimpse of the sketchbook, impressed by the unfinished sketches. Curiously, he goes through the first pages. He recognizes the people she sketched being the Avengers. They were all huddled together as a group, with smiles on their faces.

Loki continues to flip through the book, seeing various pencil sketches of a few children playing in what appears to be a farm, mountains, sketches of Agent Romanoff smiling. He chuckles when he sees quite a few sketches of Steve Rogers. Anya must have had an infatuation upon meeting the man out of time.

Although, after he goes through the first ten pages of unfinished sketches, he finally reaches one that is finished. What surprises Loki is that it is a sketch of him.

In it, he seems to be incredibly focused in writing something down on a paper. Around him were shelves of books.

Loki's lips part in astonishment, and he traces the pads of his fingers against the detailed pencil sketch of himself. He flips another page and is once again astonished to see himself, although this time, he is asleep in bed lying on his torso with a sheet covering him from the waist down.

Loki observes how his back is bare as he embraces the pillow peacefully. The next pages were all of him, and they were all finished. Every single part of the sketch, down to the smallest detail, was given full attention to.

In the drawings, he looks so happy and in content, that it makes Loki frown. Has he ever been that way in his life? When was the last time Loki has ever been that happy and content?

He winces. The fact that he has to wonder that for a few seconds... it should be enough of an answer.

The last sketch was of Loki with his eyes closed, and what seems to be magic glowing around his fingers. He looks to be practicing magic, and Loki imagines Anya watching him to sketch what she sees.

With the pad of his thumb, he traces over the dried patches of water on the sheets, and he frowns to himself once he realizes what they are.

With a heavy sigh, Loki puts the sketchbook down and glances around the room again. He sees the framed photograph on the nightstand, and he sits on the edge of the bed to view them.

The photograph was of himself and Anya. He was smiling at her so widely, that it makes his own cheeks physically hurt. Loki frowns at the way he looks so joyful. As if he had no other worries in his life.

The longer Loki stared at himself, the more he realizes how he is staring at a complete stranger with the face he always sees in the mirror. It was odd to think that another version of him lived a completely different life, with a woman he apparently loved. And he looked happy.

Put off, he puts the photograph down and exits the room quietly.