𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨

☼

The cloak grasped at nothing, and defeatedly returns to its owner. Loki stares in disbelief at where Anya's body used to kneel on. Sylvie falls to her knees, mouth open.

From a distance, Thena stares at the scene, while Ikaris' hand gripped Makkari's arm before the woman could speed off to where Anya was. Makkari would've been sucked into the portal if she tried to snatch Anya. Phastos was very precise with his invention, not even the fastest woman in the multiverse can outrun it. A frown is etched on Thena's face. They were all too late.

"Each of those devices are unique for every Eternal." Phastos frowns. "I... assumed a tracker wouldn't be needed."

Stephen feels his hands tense, wanting to clench them into fists but remembering his own injuries. He huffs and turns to Tony. "Great. This is exactly what we were trying to avoid, Stark. Now none of us have any idea where to find her."

"Why are you talking like it's my fault?" Tony scoffs, nodding to the two Lokis who appear more defeated than the rest of them. "Why don't you ask the fucking Wonder Twins where Anya would go?"

Loki and Sylvie did not reply. Instead, Loki holds up his own TemPad. Sylvie widens her eyes at him, grabbing his arm. "Loki!"

"We don't have a choice. We need to find her." Loki's voice feels empty, and he grips Sylvie's arm, forcing her to manifest her own TemPad.

However, Makkari finally zooms in, grabbing both devices and coming back right next to Thor. "Both of you need to calm down," Thor tells his siblings.

Sylvie finally draws her sword, pointing its tip towards her own brother. "Calm down? You expect us to calm down after this!? None of this would have happened if all of you didn't call for this stupid meeting in the first place! Now Anya is out there, alone and vulnerable. It's only a matter of time until Kang catches up to her, absorb her energy or whatever the hell you Eternals have, and we'd be too late. Millions of realities will be devoured, just like that. We all die." She furiously snaps at them all. "No wonder Lokis prefer doing shit alone. All of you are the worst candidates for team effort. You call yourselves heroes?" Sylvie scoffs before manifesting her real TemPad, and before anyone else could react, she and Loki disappear.

***

Anya falls into the ground with a thud, rolling a couple of times before hitting a boulder that stops her. She groans, and does her best to sit up, but a gasp leaves her mouth before she could move.

In front of her were countless of stars, almost too close to her. Anya takes her time to glance around, but her blood runs cold upon seeing a person on the ground, staring at her with lifeless eyes. Anya has seen many dead bodies before in her life, but somehow, seeing one again after many years forces her to cover her mouth in horror.

Not only that, but she can see people with no life in their bodies, stacked upon one another like newly cut logs. Anya presses her back against the boulder she hit, and glances around to find any sign of life.