[01] - Hand sanitazer and coke

Already before I opened up my eyes I knew there was something shining right at my face. Despite that I opened them up and to no surprise i was blinded by the bright light. My instant reaction was to squeeze them shut again for the darkest possible state. It was too bright for someone to wake up in, did I forget to close the curtains before going to bed?

It's Saturday so I don't have to go up yet. But why was my bed so hard. I might as well be laying on the floor.

Did I even go to bed yesterday? Can't remember that, which is not a great omen. Was I drunk? I'm not hungover though.

I slowly managed to opened my eyes after blinking like a madman for a while, just to see a very unfamiliar roof above me. I'm not at home.

I sat up in panic and felt how my heart started beating faster. Where am I? I have no idea. Inside an elevator it looks like. No wonder it felt like I was sleeping on the floor. I was sleeping on the floor.

But inside an elevator? The fuck. I can't remember getting drunk and going to sleep in an elevator. Not that it has ever happened to me before, I just figured that would be the most logical reason to wake up unknowingly in an elevator.

I stood up, but my legs were shaking. With my trembling hands against the walls to keep myself steady, I looked out the little window that was the reason of the light hitting my eyes before. The sun was in the perfect position to shine right trough the window if you were laying down on the ground at the exact place I'd had my face. The window wasn't even big, the spot of light on the floor was small, just enough to cover my eyes.

Guess it's just a weird coincidence I happened to be laying with my eyes right there in the perfect spot.

I stood on my toes to peek out through the window. Everything I saw outside were fields of purple flowers. The fuck am I? Aren't elevators usually inside buildings or is my whole life a lie?

I took up my phone to check it. I wasn't checking anything in particular, just taking it up to look on it, maybe know the time and my whereabouts at the moment.

It was dead. Well that's great.

My stomach twisted and panic rising in my body made it hard for me to breath. No breaths were deep enough and with the increasing panic I was not far from hyper ventilating. I was on the verge of a real panic attack, all because of anxiety and the uncomfortable feeling of being completely alone in an unfamiliar surrounding. I had no idea what to do, I didn't even know how to get out of this stupid elevator.

If only my phone had been working so I could call my brother.

Then suddenly with a pling the doors opened up. There really was nothing more than purple flowers outside what I could see. As far as my eyes could reach, the fields were endless.

How the fuck did I get here?

I tried thinking back to what happened last night. Right I was at that arcade with my brother.

~ A few hours earlier ~

"Yah Jaehwan, are you coming or what?" I asked the boy who was quietly standing by the door as I waited for him on the inside.

"We shouldn't, maybe they have cameras" he said sounding scared.

"This place have been abandoned for a year, why would here be any cameras, and who could possibly be checking them if there were any?" I asked, but I didn't have time to wait for him.

I started walking towards the counter where they obviously used to sell candy and soda, looking at the old soda cans and chocolate bars that were still there.