[35] - Country roads, take me home

The ride home was quiet. I had loads of stuff to say, but nothing could come out of me. I didn't know what to say, where to start, how to explain this without sounding crazy. Shit I couldn't even understand I was out of that game, or that I'd ever been inside it.

"Where have you been?" Jaehwan asked after a few minutes of silence.

I hesitated for a second. "I- I don't really know how to explain it" I said.

"Were you in a bad place?" He asked and looked worried.

I didn't answer him.

"Were you kidnapped?" He then asked.

I shook my head. "Not really" I said.

Jaehwan stayed quiet for a while after that. It seemed he didn't want to pressure me.

"Did anyone harm you?" He asked after a while. "You can tell me truthfully"

I shook my head. "No" I said. Nobody had harmed me, only the game.

Jaehwan nodded. "That's good"

After that we didn't say anything. He noticed I needed time to process what I'd been through. I would speak to him once I felt ready.

I was met by my parents the second we opened the door with a big hug. If I hadn't been so absentminded I would probably have started crying, but I was still not aware of reality. I just let them hug me as I looked out in front of me with a blank face.

They asked a million questions but I just stood there quiet, nodding and shaking my head from time to time until Jaehwan told them to give me some space.

I was grateful for that, but just looked at him with a hint of gratitude before leaving to go to my room and fell asleep.

My bed. God I've missed my bed. Just a real bed and no threats to be on the lookout for. Even if it was mid day I fell asleep at the touch of my pillow and slept all the way until the evening.

Nobody bothered to wake me up, even if my sleep schedule got messed up. It already was messed up by now, I could let it be for one more day.

When I got to the living room, wearing sweatpants and a hoodie after having taken a shower for the first time in way too long, my family was already gathered around the table to eat.

They looked at me with smiles but didn't say anything as I sat down next to my brother.

They all served me, I didn't have to take anything by myself at all. They filled my bowl up and I just looked around uneasy.

"Eat up sweetheart" my mother said and smiled the warmest mother smile that made you want to just hug her.

I've missed my parent's food too. They were by no mean any master chefs, but it was made with love and by their hands.

I didn't think I would have much of an appetite, but I did, I ate a lot and it was so good. They'd made rice cakes for me because they know I love rice cakes.

The others were having small talks but they didn't expect me to participate, nor did they ask me anything. It was pretty nice not having to talk about it and just enjoy being home.

After the dinner me and Jaehwan were sitting and playing video games. We were playing grand turismo on his PlayStation he bought himself because mom refused to pay for it even when he tried saying we would have it as a family thing that everyone could share. Now he thought it was only his, fair enough, but didn't let anyone use it. Now he almost forced me to play with him, I didn't mind though. I was beating him hard.

"Why are you so good at this now all of a sudden" he asked when I took the win and he crossed the line as third a few seconds later. A

"Mario kart you know" I joked.