[26] - Double knot

~Always tie your shoelaces to a double knot because you never know when you'll have to run a marathon. Hard situations occur when we least expect it. Same goes for good situations. Always be ready to stay and alway be ready to run~

———

"Only two buttons left now" I said as the doors opened up.

"Level eight, double knot" the voice spoke.

"That's all? No 'the fourth level of your second chapter of your journey, clé 3'?" I asked when that was all we got.

"Seems so" Felix said.

"Always be ready to run and always be ready to stay, brace yourself" the voice then gave us our instructions.

"What are we playing red light green light or something?" I asked because of the instructions.

"That actually would have made sense though" Jeongin said with a shrug.

"Yeah if we were kids" I said.

"Or in squid game" Jisung suggested.

"Let's hope it's not like in squid game" Chan said.

We left the elevator and found ourselves in a city again. It was the outside of a city though. Here were abandoned warehouses and factories and not a person to be seen. It still didn't feel as cold and dark as miroh though. It just felt like an abandoned part of a city. Up in the sky we saw the two moons again but they were a tiny bit closer to each other.

"So what shall we do?" Jeongin asked and looked around.

"I'm guessing we're bracing ourself for what is about to come in the next level" I said with a shrug.

"And that means?" He proceeded to ask.

"Tie a double knot and just be ready for anything that could happen" I said, and as on cue a cloud of greenish fog came up behind us and making its way towards us rather fast.

"I'm guessing that's to make us brace ourselves!" Jeongin said and we all started running to get away from it.

It wasn't moving that fast, but it was enough to force us to run. We ran in the middle of the street into the city until we reached a big bridge, going over the highway. Finally the fog cleared up and no traces of it were left.

We all stopped to pant as we were already exhausted.

"I'm gonna take the game's tip and tie a double knot on my shoes" I said and squatted down to tie them hard in a double knot. I wasn't the only one who did so though.

"So I suppose we continue in this direction, since the fog lead us here" Seungmin said.

"That's probably correct" Chan said and we all started walking.

Then we heard a rumbling sound and and saw the bridge ahead of us had started do fall down from the other side and was continuing to fall towards us.

"Or maybe not" Chan said and we all started running the other way until we were off the bridge.

"Let's try the other way then" Changbin said and we tried the third way. This should be the correct one since there only were three ways.