[28] - Levanter

~ The last key to success is to let go of the past and embrace your true self. Get rid of everything that's restraining you and you will realize what you need to reach your dreams. Don't be a glitch in a perfect system, only be yourself, and remember the importance of your journey, because after all it's your true gift and what builds you up ~

———

"Level nine, Levanter. The fifth level of your second chapter of your journey, clé 3 : Levanter"

I noticed a detail in the elevator. The last button wasn't covered anymore. Just as I read out the text that stood next to it, I heard the same words coming from the speaker in the elevator; "step out of clé"

"Guys, I'm pretty sure this is the last level" I told them and inspected the tenth button a bit more.

I tried pressing it, but it wouldn't be pressed down, not yet at least. But all we should need to do then should be to find the elevator again and then we were out.

I felt a gush of hope fil up my body.

"I think so too" Chan agreed with me.

"Finally, I was starting to think it would never end" Hyunjin said and rolled his eyes from the annoyance.

"Yay, back to real life" Minho said.

Everyone was getting their hopes up now, even Felix seemed to get a bit brighter.

"Don't get your hopes up too much now, we can't be certain" I tried warning them.

"I think we all need a bit of hope to continue, even if it's not the last level it's better for us to think it is" Changbin said and he had a point.

"Can't argue with that" I said and stepped outside the elevator. My foot was feeling better. It wasn't completely healed, but I could walk on it now, kind of at least. I must've been healed slightly during the elevator ride because it wasn't this good before I stepped into the elevator.

"How's your ankle?" Felix asked worriedly as he saw me walking.

I flashed a smile. "Much better, see I can walk" I said and showed him how I was walking:

He looked happy for me, but also a teeny tiny bit disappointed. Was it because he wouldn't get to continue carrying me around? Can't be.

Once we were all outside the elevator we had a look around.

We'd been dropped off on a sidewalk between two roads. On the sides were railings separating the roads for the cars with our walkway.

For the fists time the city seemed somewhat alive. The sky was navy blue with brights stars shining in constellations and the two moons, both the regular one and the reddish one, but despite the fact it was night, the city was lit up by thousands of lights, unlike the other levels. It looked like a normal city, except there were no cars and no humans.

The elevator we'd stepped out of wasn't the same we'd entered. This one wasn't rusty, it wasn't old. At first it was almost hard seeing the elevator and I couldn't decide whether it was transparent or made of mirrors. The whole elevator reflected the lights and buildings around us, but what had fooled me was that we weren't reflected in it.