[21] - Felix

~Never forget your past, it's what got you where you are. But also don't forget that the past is in the past and impossible to change. Don't be too hung up on things that have happened. Move on and make the best of the situation~

———

In a corner somewhere in Australia Felix was sitting, curled up against the wall with his arms around his knees. His breathing was unsteady and his eyes were red and wet.

He refused to look up to see what was happening, because he already knew what was going on. He heard himself from the past screaming hysterically and his father trying to calm him down despite being just as hurt.

Felix had forgotten all about the game. This felt too real, and if there was something he didn't want to relive, this was it.

***

"We need to help him" I said when Felix still hadn't come.

"I think it's better if you do it alone" Chan said and looked at me. I didn't understand what he was talking about, he was the one Felix had seen in the third level, shouldn't he be the one to go if anyone?

"Why should I go? He thinks I'm stupid" I said and looked at Chan.

He smiled at me. "He doesn't, trust me" he comforted me.

"But why don't you go? You know him the best, he trusts you" I said back, still wondering why there were making this my take.

He continued smiling. "Weren't you the one who got him to restart the game for a last time?" He asked me. "You don't know how hard I tried to convince him to follow us, he refused, then you came and he just followed you after saying that place is worse than death" he explained. "I told him the exact same thing but he told me he wasn't ready to die, he didn't come with you because of what you said, he came with you because of you" he finished it up, leaving me confused not knowing what to say.

"Maybe he was just ready for death by the time I came" I suggested, but I didn't even believe myself.

All sorts of thoughts filled my head. Does Felix perhaps like me? He can't, he's always making fun of me and reminding me of how stupid I am. Did he come because he felt like he needed to protect me as he'd said when I realized he was at the first level? But why would he want to protect me if he doesn't like me? Back to does he like me? Definitely not, he's way too handsome for me. Wait do I like him? I really don't because he's mean and annoying. He's only good looking, that's all there is to him. And he can be nice and caring sometimes. But only a few times. And what did Chan know that I didn't. I saw on his face he knew something, something he wasn't supposed to say. Why would he send me instead of going himself when it's his best friend we're talking about?

"We both know that's not the case" he answered me, making me snap out of my thought and back to reality.

"Why don't we go together?" I asked, feeling a bit uneasy for some reason. Not because I was scared of the game, more like I was scared of Felix. I wasn't scared of Felix literally, but I really had no idea what he was going through or if I would even be able to help and that frightened me.

"You try first, if you don't succeed I'll give it a try" he said which calmed me down a little but definitely not entirely.

"Okay, wish me good luck" I said and turned around to leave the boys.

As I was walking back I couldn't see any of those foggy clouds, they were all gone. I won't even be able to find Felix like this, how will I be able to find my way back?

I came to think of the rope in my backpack. That's smart. I picked it up and went back to Chan and the others. "Here, hold this so I can find my way back" I told him and gave him one end of the rope.