forty-one

a/n: here's the smut that y'all have been waiting for 😊 i didn't proofread tho lolz

She's just finished recording with Moonbyul and Jaebeom watches from the safety of the car as she exits the Naver building. She waved at the fans, saying goodbye as she treks through the sea of people. Her manager opens the door for her and she slips in, sighing as she settles in her seat. He waits until the car pulls away from the curb, and she rolls the window back up after waving. She removes her mask and gives him a big smile.

"Let me see, let me see!" She makes grabby hands for his phone where he has the mv teaser for his single pulled up. He waits as she watches the clip intently, a smile on her face. "It looks so good! You look so good! And there's a dance! Are you going to teach me?"

"Maybe if I get invited to Seulgi Zip I will...."

"I'm working on it, I swear." She promises, handing his phone back to him. "I can't believe we'll both be at mcountdown tomorrow. Are you going to visit us?"

"I'll try to. Can't guarantee since they're being strict."

"True... the last time we were at a music show together was so long ago... inkigayo maybe?"

"Maybe... when I had my way with you in the bathroom?" He whispers it, to avoid her new manager overhearing. He has plans on a repeat if he can steal her away for a few minutes, but only if their schedules allow it. She doesn't reply, instead she places a finger to his lips.

Her manager is nice enough to give them a ride home. They're going separate places, but there was an opportunity for a few minutes with her and he wanted to take it. They compare schedules, because it's a big day for him. "You have to film your show too, huh?" He points out, trying to decipher when they could have their celebratory dinner together.

"I pre recorded it on tuesday." She explains, "Before the show with the girls." she plays with the rings decorating his fingers, feeling sentimental. She's felt truly happy lately, part of it being reunited with her group, the other part simply being him and seeing him finally get the freedom that is long past due.

"I miss the orange..." he speaks up, playing with the ends of her hair. "And what's with all the crop tops?"

"Is it too much? This one is really cropped..." she comments, looking at what her stylist chose for her.

"It looks good on you, of course, but it's just... it's been a long time.. And even then, your last comeback, not counting Monster, didn't get the recognition it deserved either. I'm still getting used to this confident Seulgi."

"I feel my age... we're closer to thirty now than in our teen years... it's time I feel comfortable in my body and in my views."

The rest of the ride they chat amongst themselves, trying to piece together a plan for tomorrow though nothing is promised.

When the big day arrives, Jaebeom wakes up both excited and nervous. His manager picks him up to take him to the mcountdown recording, and it's weird seeing his fansites again. It's been a long time. He waves to them from the car window, before his ride is parked and he's escorted inside. It's a waiting game after that. He takes some photos for twitter, prepares how he'll do the countdown to his EP release later with Jay Park, and texts Seulgi when he can. They record their performances at separate times, though they'll air right after each other and he's kind of bummed. He misses the ending stage where all the groups get to see each other and silently support one another. But he also understands why flaunting his relationship might not be a good idea.