thirty-three

It's D-Day... and Jaebeom wakes up at 4pm. He would have slept even longer, if Seulgi didn't wake him up with a call about how nervous she was about the V-Live and music video debut. He utters some reassuring words to her, although he does ramble slightly because his mind is still jumbled from his rest. She laughs at him for it, once she catches on to the fact that he's only been awake for a few minutes. "We're supposed to meet up later, aren't you excited?" She teases.

"Of course, I am... I'm getting the full ReVeLuv experience and waiting until the last possible second so I can focus all my attention on the sub-unit debut of the year."

"I saw that you're answering questions on Instagram...  and you posted a photo of your foot! I think you have a foot fetish."

"My feet are cute."

"They're feet."

"My nails are nicely groomed, they're moisturized. Cute."

"I have to go now... I'll text you later! Don't eat until after! I haven't eaten either."

"Have fun on your live, I'll be watching and supporting you with the cats."

"Yay! Kiss them all for me!" Seulgi giggles, "Later, Beom!"

"Later, Seul."

The V-Live is delayed ten minutes and Jaebeom's anxious for Seulgi. This is a big day, she gets to relive a dream that's already come true. This sub-unit is important to her, like how JJ Project is important to him. It's two friends who have trained together for a decade, watched each other struggle and grow and reach where they are now, and they get to do it together. To prove that all those hours spent practicing until your body ached, those hours spent singing until you couldn't sing anymore... to prove they were all worth it.

His heart leaps out of his chest when the live finally starts, and he's confronted with Irene and Seulgi's visuals, Seulgi's orange hair catching his attention and reminding him of Russian Roulette area which ironically... is how his crush began. He remembers when she caught his eye, her hair bright orange and braided into pigtails as they walked the stage with other idols at the end of a Dream Concert. They ended up walking side by side, holding balloons with shy smiles and he slipped his kakaotalk id to her so they could chat... that was such a long time ago it seems. He tries to stay focused, to take joy in the fact that Seulgi's excited, and ignoring that her white dress is very reminiscent of a wedding dress, even before she makes that comment herself. He doesn't want to go down the path of imaging Seulgi as his bride-to-be, it's too soft of a dream and his heart might not be able to handle it.

They have to rush and cut the live short because they started later, and it's fast approaching six o'clock. The album becomes available on all the streaming sites, but the music video is nowhere to be found. A behind the scenes video is released... an official lyric video is released... but still no music video. The song climbs streaming charts... the interviews about the album are published... there's rumors that the music video will premiere at eight o'clock instead... and then that falls through and it's pushed back until the next day.

Jaebeom is devastated for Seulgi, for Irene and for the ReVeLuvs. He's knows how much they were anticipating everything back in June before the debut was pushed back... and then the teasers were so good, everything was so well planned, or so it had seemed. SM really dropped the ball here, and he's worried on how Seulgi's handling it. The first teaser scored two million views on twitter within 24 hours... and now, when the chance was there to stream like crazy... nothing.