twenty-eight

Jaebeom's in a great mood, kind of has been for the past few days. He's done a lot, supported his friends at their club performances, saw JYP in concert (only because BamBam and Youngjae wanted him to come too), and performed some great stages for the year-end shows. As they countdown at MBC's gayo, he turns and wraps his arms around his bandmates, pulling Stray Kids into the hug too. It's officially a new year, a new decade, and he's ready to see where it takes him.

At this very moment... it takes him to Red Velvet's dorm, because a new year isn't complete without seeing his lady. Seulgi's spent the countdown with Wendy and her girls, sticking to the tradition since their Christmas dinner was ruined by SBS' negligence to safety. He was bummed at first that they didn't get to countdown together, but thinking it over... in the past few years that they've been dating, they've never counted down together. They were always with their bandmates, and that was good enough for them, so it can still be good enough for them now. Especially when he still gets to have his time with her...only a couple of hours late. No matter if it was right when the cock struck midnight, or now nearing two am, she's still his first kiss of the year. "Why do you taste like oranges?" Jaebeom wonders as Seulgi pulls him quietly into her dorm and towards her room after smothering him with kisses and 'happy new year' well wishes.

"Wendy keeps giving us fruits. People send them to her, but she still can't chew."

"How many did you eat though..."

"Only five."

"Right. Five. Only five."

"Do you not like oranges suddenly? I'm sorry it's not your nasty sparkling water."

"You like sparkling water too." he teases, pinching her cheeks as he sits on the edge of her bed. "Did Wendy get the flowers we sent?" All of Got7 pitched in to send Wendy a nice bouquet, wishing her a speedy recovery.

"She did! Her mom loves them."

"Her mom?"

"She was too disappointed in me for not having pearls in her Gongcha although again... she can't chew." Seulgi giggles, "And you know we all watched the gayos together... KBS and MBC. So I see your performances, and how much fun you're having."

"I had an inkling that you were watching, so I wanted to make sure I put on a great show." he teases, "It's a new year... a new decade."

"And I get to spend it with you!" Seulgi smiles, pulling him into a hug that fills Jaebeom's heart with joy.

"Yes..."

"And your birthday is coming up... any plans?"

"Not really, maybe just a dinner?"

"If I can, I want to spend time with you then."

"Well... actually, I do have a plan."

"What is it?"

"I want to change my nose ring out, it's healed enough where I can actually switch to a ring and not a stud...and then I kind of want an eyebrow piercing."

"Kind of?"

"Well, I already booked the appointment, so I'm getting an eyebrow piercing, except it's not on my eyebrow." He waits carefully, expecting some sort of disapproval, but he doesn't find any.

"So where will it go?"

"Right here..." he points underneath his eye, "A sort of reversal eyebrow piercing, but I'm not going to get the dermal where it's drilled into your skin and the tissue heals around it, I want to be able to get it removed safely if necessary. You don't have to go with me, I can go by myself."