twenty-one

a/n: because seulgi captioned this 'one day' on instagram and i lost it.

It's been practically a month since Jaebeom's last seen Seulgi, and a lot has happened since then. They've toured Europe, released a repackaged version of Love Loop, and announced their comeback. He's also just released vol. 5 of his mixtape. They only have one night together before their schedules pick up again. Got7's comeback is in a few days, and he should be resting, but he has to see Seulgi.

In the beginning of October, they were constantly talking... even doing a few indirect hellos and warning the other not to catch a cold on instagram while they were continents apart. But then... the news about Sulli had Seulgi hurting. She lost a really good friend, someone she trained with as a preteen, someone she cheered on and supported from the sidelines... someone who didn't deserve all the malicious comments they received on a daily basis. Seulgi stayed to herself then, and he respected her decision to stay off the radar. Everyone was hurting, and everyone heals differently.

After an amazing concert in Manila, and during the flight home, she finally updated her instagram stories, giving Jaebeom the cue that she was okay. Once he was back in Seoul, he texted her, asking for a much needed late night date. They wouldn't go anywhere spectacular, just to a cafe, just like old times.

She's already there and waiting when he arrives, nothing new though. She has two ice lattes, and a slice of cake waiting, dressed in a grey jacket to fend off the cold weather, along with a green hat. He doesn't run over to her, but he does sprint. She smiles, nice and bright, arms out for a bone crushing hug that they both need. "You're home." she says, and his heart lurches in his chest, as if it'll break through his chest.

"Yeah..."

"Finally."

"Yeah..." he pulls away from their embrace, gesturing for her to sit, while he takes a seat across from her. "Are you doing okay?"

"I'm okay, it's still hard, but I'm coping." She admits, a sad smile on her face, "I took some time for myself. Did some art, visited my parents, my brother... wrote in a diary... I listened to your mixtape."

"Thoughts?"

"Better than I expected, and I already had high expectations." She giggles cutely. "I'm not sure if Diary or Come Back to Me is my favorite."

"I'm okay with both of those choices."

"And you look very handsome in those Got7 teasers. I set one as my new wallpaper."

"I heard about La Rouge, which is nice, but when are we getting comeback teasers?"

"Soon."

"Hey? Do you remember the last time we were at this cafe? It was a little over a year ago." Jaebeom suddenly brings up and Seulgi nods her head eagerly.

"Before Lullaby promotions... we met here, and watched my Power Up stage, how could I forget?"

"And we talked about the what-ifs, and how one day... we wish we wouldn't have to hide our relationship anymore."